FORTY-FOUR.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR:
It's you and me, baby.
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The room was engulfed in a mixture of smoke from the raging fire in the kitchen along with the smoke wafting from the grenade on the floor. The pairs eyes locked, saying everything that needed to be said before they sprung into action. Chuuya ran across the room, kicking the grenade back out the window, stopping any more smoke from covering the room. He knew that with Aki's ability, she would be able to sense anyone that entered the room, so it was more for his benefit.

Aki grabbed the handgun from the floor, along with the rifle, "Catch!" She called out, making Chuuya turn around quickly, his hand catching the gun with ease. She reached into her back pocket, chucking extra ammo at him which he caught and immediately took out the old clip and slapped in the new one, doing it within a few seconds.

Aki stood to her feet, opening up the assault rifle. Her teeth gritted together, "I'm almost out of ammo—but there's more hidden throughout the building," She said, approaching him. "They've got us completely surrounded. We have no choice but to fight our way out." She told him, her gaze latching onto his—saying everything her mouth didn't. She was telling him she wanted to fight for them, that she didn't want to choose a side. Not the Port Mafia or the Double A. She was choosing them. She wanted to fight for both of their freedoms—if he was willing to. They could single-handedly take out everyone that came at them, if only they worked together.

Chuuya nodded, "The Port Mafia have strict orders to kill you and I'm sure the Double A are here to kill me," He began saying, stepping closer to her. "If both of us want to make it out alive, we have to fight. We can do it, Aki. You and me—together." He assured her, reaching out to take her face in his hands.

She stared up at him, her face softening, "Let's do it," She said with determination before reaching up onto her tiptoes, pressing a kiss to his lips. It was sweet and fleeting—a moment of sincerity before battle. Aki pulled back, her brows pulled together as she reached for his wrist. "We should get going. A grenades about to be launched through that window." She knowingly told him, tugging him out of the room, the assault rifle in her other hand swinging by her feet.

Just as they left the dining room, Chuuya grabbing his hat from the floor in the process, it was blown to pieces. Fire engulfed the room, blasting out into the hallway as they walked down it, Aki leading him. Chuuya smirked, "That's a crafty little ability you have there." He said in amusement. She had known a grenade was about to be thrown into the room before it had even happened—as if she could see into the future. But that would be ridiculous. Her ability simply allowed her to feel the release of the safety pin.

"Isn't it? How do you think I managed to get the drop on you so many times?" She teased, sending a wicked grin over her shoulder at him, making him narrow his eyes.

"You did not get the drop on me."
He refused, sticking his nose into the air, allowing her to walk him like a dog throughout the building.

Aki laughed, her chin tipped over her shoulder, looking him up and down, "Then how do you suppose you got all those injuries, honey?" She purred, smirking widely at him.

Chuuya glared at her, "Shut up." He grumbled, making her laugh once again, seconds before armed men came smashing through the window in the hallway, strapped to harnesses, rifles raised to their faces.