FORTY-TWO.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO:
Bye-bye, Chuuya.
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

                The pair lunged by each other. They ran for each others guns, crossing the foyer quickly. Chuuya reached Aki's gun first, hastily grabbing it, sitting in a crouch. His finger found the trigger just as she grabbed his gun on the opposite side of the foyer, her fingers curling around the metal. She turned just as Chuuya pulled the trigger—but nothing happened. He pulled again. And then again. Still nothing.

                   Aki smirked, "You think I'd willingly drop a loaded weapon?" She chastised, seconds before pulling the trigger, firing shots at the man who tucked and rolled out of the way, the bullets smacking into the ground where he had been. He dipped behind a pillar, pushing his back to it as Aki walked backwards, approaching the spiral staircase on the left, adjacent to the one on the right. She aimed the gun over the banister, squinting one of her eyes just as Chuuya poked his head out from behind the pillar, launching a knife straight for her head.

                   She dropped to her knees, the knife lodging in the wall behind her, smashing into the glass of a framed painting. She stuck the gun through the gap in the barrier and let off a shot. He tucked and rolled to the next pillar, avoiding the bullet completely. Aki gritted her teeth together before backing up the staircase, keeping her gun aimed at where he had been just in case he had anymore tricks up his sleeve. She dipped into the long hallway, heading straight for one of the bedrooms she knew Katsu had hidden assault rifles inside of. If she was going to take out the Gravity Manipulator, she would need more firepower.

                 Just as she ducked into the bedroom, Chuuya came after her up the stairs on the right hand side staircase, following her like she were prey. She closed the door behind her, heading straight for the bed and dropping to her knees. She tucked the handgun into the back of her leather trousers before pulling out the large box beneath the bed. Opening it, she pulled out the assault rifle, loading it expertly within a few seconds, just as the door was kicked open.

                   She spun immediately, open firing at the door, spraying bullets into the walls. But no one had come in. She paused, narrowing her eyes at the door, seconds before Chuuya came lunging inside, heading straight for her. She jumped to her feet, ready to pull the trigger once again but he threw a punch at her, only giving her enough time to duck. The moment she did, his hands curled around the back of her head, tangling in her hair. A shriek left her lips when he launched her across the bed, making the handgun fall from the spot behind her trousers. Her back hit the wall, her finger pulling the trigger on accident, sending a spray of bullets into the ceiling.

                  When she looked to where Chuuya had been, he was gone—along with the handgun. She tutted herself, a grin playing on the corner of her lips as she got to her feet, leaving the bedroom and entering the hallway—but he was nowhere to be seen, "You know you can't run from me right?" She called out, walking down the hallway, the assault rifle propped between her hands. "I can feel you, remember?" She chastised, stopping directly in front of the door she could feel his presence behind, the smirk fully taking over her lips.

                    She lifted the gun upwards before pressing down on the trigger, allowing bullets to smack straight through the door and walls, creating large holes through the papered walls. She stopped firing after a moment, staring through the gap in the wall, "You still alive, baby?" She called out to him, squinting her eyes, seconds before a gloved hand poked through the hole, holding tightly to her handgun before firing.