TWENTY-ONE.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE:
I divorced her.
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Another week had passed. Aki spent the majority of her time in the office with Chuuya, glancing across at him from time to time, wondering if he was ever thinking about the moments the two of them had shared. It was beginning to bug her. No one quite angered her like the small, but larger than life Gravity Manipulator. He pushed all of her buttons, made her cuss him outwardly and got on her nerves beyond reason. So, why was it whenever they were close she felt a sudden pang in her chest? She had never denied the sexual attraction she had felt toward him—she had shown it in all of the advances she had made on him. She liked the feeling of him touching her and how her own touch made him react.

But despite all of that, she refused to admit that it was bothering her. She still flirted with him whenever she could—and simultaneously insulted him, because why wouldn't she? Chuuya had been exactly the same. He had a certain way about how he called her 'sweetheart' that sounded like 'drop dead' and it never failed to make Aki's stomach weak.

She hadn't had a single moment alone with Mori—meaning that her assassination was on hold once again. They had spoke briefly, but that was with Hirotsu around. He had informed her of the details regarding Nobu's sudden appearance in the Port Mafia. According to Mori, the wretched man had shown up on the doorstep of the Headquarters, demanding to see Aki—which the raven-haired woman was already aware of, due to the phone call she'd had with Katsu. It enraged her, that they thought they could just meddle in her life like that. She was already on the job—she didn't need any further complications.

Mori had assured Aki that Nobu wouldn't see the light of day. He was to be kept in the Port Mafia cells, where he would wither away. Part of Aki wanted that. She wanted him to sit in isolation, going mad in the silence, but she also wanted him fucking dead. It was an internal struggle within herself. She seemed to be having a lot of that recently—internal struggles.

It was a Wednesday afternoon, and Aki was sitting in the lounge area. She was perched on the floor, her legs in a basket, bent over the colouring book she had been relentlessly colouring, "You're doing it wrong!" Elise exclaimed in annoyance from beside her, wearing her pretty red dress, hair tied back with a ribbon that matched the colour of her dress. She pointed at the page. "You're supposed to stay in the lines, not go over them." She told her, letting out a humph of air.

Aki pouted her lips, "I'm trying to stay in the lines." She argued. From behind her, sat Tachihara, scrolling  endlessly through his phone. He laughed a little at Aki's expense. He had been peaking over every now and again to see how the colouring was going—and it wasn't particularly well. In fact, Elise was far more skilled when it came to colouring within the lines.

"Hey, at least she's trying, Elise." Tachihara spoke up, settling his phone onto the sofa to lean over, inspecting the drawing further. Damn, that is pretty pitiful.

Aki gave a firm nod of her head, "Thank you, Tachihara." She said, shooting Elise a nasty glare. Truthfully, kids weren't really her thing. Back at the Double A, she had isolated herself from the new children that would be brought in—so she hadn't spent a lot of time around them. They were whiney, and usually pretty gross, two things Aki had no time for.

Footsteps entered the room, and upon glancing over her shoulder, Aki's eyes landed on Chuuya. He was looking straight at her, "We've got a mission." I'm saved, she gleefully thought to herself. She had only taken up babysitting Elise because Mori had practically begged her. He was particularly busy and she had been drawing all over his important paperwork, so he needed her out of the way for a while—even though it physically pained him to be away from her.