FORTY-NINE.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
CHAPTER FORTY-NINE:
I can't lose you.
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

                After taking down the Port Mafia assassin's, Aki and Chuuya had went back into the destroyed cabin. They changed their clothes, Aki changing into the clothes she had been wearing the day before whilst Chuuya slipped into an identical suit to what he always wore. Aki had searched the bodies of the corpses whilst eating the cold bacon Chuuya had previously made, snatching the knives, guns and ammo they had on them. She had clipped the knives to her thigh-holsters along with a handgun, the ammo shoved in her back pocket.

                   They both knew that hiding out any longer wasn't an option, especially not when their location had been found within a matter of hours. It had Chuuya's brain racing as he sat behind the wheel of the BMW, driving it through the country roads, heading back into the city. How the hell did they even find us? He had been discreet when purchasing the cabin—it wasn't even in his name, nor did the payments for the property come out of his own bank account. There shouldn't have been any way for them to find their location. It was driving him crazy.

                     He drove them back into the city, Aki fiddling with a small knife the entire time. They had stopped by a gas station to grab some food and water, paying with the cash Chuuya kept tucked under the armrest of his seat. They were planning on heading straight to the Double A Headquarters to finish what they had started. They were going to take down the Double A, no matter the consequences. They didn't care for discretion anymore, they would crush the entire building to the ground if needed.

                     "Take a right and then a left." Aki spoke up, directing Chuuya in the direction of the Double A Headquarters. No one other than the assassins of the organisation knew the location of the building, hence why it was impossible to seek out without having them on your side. It was disguised as a typical office building, tucked away in the back streets of Yokohama.

                      Chuuya took the right and then glanced at Aki, watching as she fiddled with the knife, after a moment of watching her, he realised she was nervous, "Hey, are you sure you're up for this? We can head back out of the city and give it another few days if you're not ready." He said, concerned by how quiet she had been except for when it came to giving him directions. It was something he had come to realise about her. When she was nervous about something, it could only go two ways. One way, was her talking until she could potentially lose her voice, speaking constantly to fill any silence and the other was her becoming a total mute. He didn't know which he preferred.

                    Aki inhaled sharply, closing her eyes and leaning her head against the headrest, "No, we have to do this now," She insisted, continuing to twirl the knife even with her eyes closed. "They already found us once and they could find us again. They're relentless. We have to get to them before they get to us, otherwise, we're never going to be able to take them down." She said, a dull tone to her voice. She wasn't speaking from the heart by any means, and instead, from the logical part of her brain.

                     She opened her eyes, turning her head to look at him, "I know we can do it. But there's this tightening in my chest that only worsens the closer we get," She admitted, hanging her head, her gaze focused on the knife. "Taking out the assassin's isn't what worries me. I can do that with my eyes closed. It's him I'm worried about. He holds all the power over me and if he decides to activate that kill-chip then all of this has been for nothing." She could feel her throat tightening, making her voice shaky.