TEN.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
CHAPTER TEN:
I'd rather you be dead than a traitor.
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

               Aki had managed to finally slip out of the Port Mafia Headquarters. She had woken up early with a pep in her step, having the intention of being awake before anyone else so that she could retrieve a burner phone. She had taken the chip out of the painting on the wall and slipped it into her bra. Under the floor length black trench coat she had put on, she wore a black off the shoulder knitted top tucked into the same black skirt as the day before—her new comfort skirt. She had slipped on knee high boots with a small platform. The only pop of colour on her body was the red ribbon wrapped around her neck and the amber glimmer of her eyes.

              She headed out, nodding to the guards of the Port Mafia as she passed them. She headed down to the lobby in the elevator before leaving the building without hassle. The members of the Port Mafia were free to come and go as they pleased, in fact, not all of them even lived in the building—the bedrooms were reserved for who Mori wished to keep close to him, or those that wanted to stay within the building. Which meant leaving wasn't that big of a deal and she could slip out with ease.

                Aki had the entirety of the city memorised, there wasn't a crook nor cranny she didn't know about. Which made it easy for her to navigate her way to the pick-up spot. Before she had fled the Double A, Katsu had told her where exactly to find the burner phone she would need. It was at least a twenty minute walk from the Port Mafia building, but Aki could do it in fifteen, even in heels.

                After walking, passing by civilians going about their daily life, Aki finally entered the alleyway where the burner phone would be located. She had deliberately left the phone Mori had given her in he room, so that there was no way for him to know where she was—because of course, there would be some kind of tracker in the phone, why wouldn't there be?

                She remembered Katsu's words, "Exactly fifteen steps into the alleyway, there will be a hole in the wall on the left hand side. The burner phone will be in that hole." Sure enough, once Aki took those fifteen steps into the alley, she noticed the hole in the wall. She reached her hand inside, pulling out the box with the burner phone inside. She scoffed a little. Katsu had wrapped it in a red bow, as if it were some kind of Christmas present.

               She opened the box and then tossed it before reaching into her bra. She pulled out the chip and inserted it into the phone without any hassle. She had done it a hundred times over and could switch out the chips with her eyes closed. The moment the chip was inside the flip phone, it began to ring.

                Aki inhaled and then accepted the call, putting the phone to her ear, "Akira, my dear girl, how are you?" Came the voice of her Boss, Mr Katsu Tanaka. His voice was high in pitch, showing his excitement to be talking to her. Aki had always been favoured by him since she were a little girl—he kept her close, much to the dismay of her coworkers. They were all fighting for his attention, which always seemed to be on her, his Demon Angel; his prodigy.

                    Aki tried to keep her voice neutral, but hearing Katsu's voice always managed to stir a rage within her, "It's going well, sir." She told him, leaning her back against the wall and pressing the heel of one of her boots against it, closing her eyes, trying to stay calm.

                   "I understand it must be rough being under the same roof as those rats. But you know why I picked you, Akira, don't you? You're the only person who can do this job. You're my favourite. My best assassin." Aki bit down on her bottom lip, opening her eyes to stare straight ahead at the blank wall in front of her.