FIFTY.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
CHAPTER FIFTY:
I'm your partner, Aki.
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The doors to the entrance of the Double A blew off its hinges as a blast of seismic energy slammed into them. Within seconds, armed guards were ready, their guns aimed at the door as the pair entered, "That's Akira Kitagawa and Chuuya Nakahara! Do not let them past the reception or we're all fucked!" The guard at the front yelled to his men. They weren't assassin's like the majority of those at the Double A—which meant they were horrified to see the two powerful Gifted standing in front of them.

Aki and Chuuya didn't have to exchange words, they had already planned everything in the car. Chuuya wrapped the both of him in his gravity, protecting them from the storm of bullets that came from the assault rifles in the guards hands the moment they began firing. The second there was an opening as the guards reloaded, Chuuya cancelled out his ability, the crimson hue dying out. Aki crouched down, slamming her hand into the floor beneath them. The moment her palm made impact, the floor broke in half in a zig-zag, crossing the floor towards the guards that scrambled to get away. Aki smirked. There was no outrunning the ground they stood on.

She pushed more of her seismic energy into the ground, making it completely break apart. It caught up with the guards trying to run, swallowing them in as the entire building creaked and shook. The guards yelled as they were pulled into the large hole in the ground, making it impossible to escape from. After a moment, everything stilled, only the sound of the ground rumbling and the moans of the guards in the air.

Aki flicked her hair out of her face, standing to her feet as a pleased smile crossed her lips. She glanced at Chuuya who was already looking at her, completely mesmerised, "You are so fucking sexy—just by the way." He said before marching off ahead, stepping on the part of the ground that hadn't caved in on itself as Aki followed him with a smirk.

They were making their way to the elevator when they were rushed—this time by assassins, the cloaks and masks were a dead giveaway. Aki and Chuuya were well prepared as they advanced the hallway, Chuuya using his ability to stop any of the bullets flying from their guns from ever hitting them. The moment they reached the assassins, he released his ability. The pair launched at them, going hand-to-hand with ease. Aki grabbed onto the front of the cloak of the assassin closest to her, sending a punch right across her face before using her body as a shield when bullets sailed towards her. The impact sent her back a few paces before she tossed the body and ran at the wall. She kicked off using her feet before extending her hand, a burst of clear energy leaving her fingertips, blasting into the assassins that were still shooting at them, knocking each of them down.

Behind her, Chuuya was fighting against three men twice his size, punching and kicking. He jumped into the air, using the chest of the largest assassin to push himself higher before spinning around, the side of his leg slamming into the female assassins face in front of him. Aki pulled her knife from her thigh before stabbing it into the neck of the assassin she was in a fight with. She kicked her in the chest, sending her body flailing backwards into the assassins rushing to help. It was absolute chaos. There was barely any space for moving as the two took on the twenty-plus agents with nothing but their bare hands.

Aki glanced over her shoulder, noticing a huge man trying to sneak up behind Chuuya who had another assassin in a chokehold. Aki flipped her knife in her hand, catching the dagger end before launching it, "Heads up!" She called out, just before the dagger slammed into the back of the man's head. His body went still, gags of air leaving his lips as Chuuya looked up, noticing the man.