NINE.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
CHAPTER NINE:
Nakahara Jr.
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

               Her lips. Chuuya had been so close to kissing them. The thought itself made his cheeks burn. He had only been trying to seduce her—trying to make her let down her guard, but that didn't mean he hadn't enjoyed it. He told himself he wanted to be as far away from the assassin as humanely possible, but from the moment he wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her in, he couldn't stop thinking about how good she smelled. He could have kissed her if he wanted to—he didn't want to, of course, but he could have. And he had the feeling she would have let him. The thought alone was making him lose his mind.

                He was sitting quietly in the lounge area, reading a newspaper whilst jazz music played from the record player in the corner of the room. Hirotsu had put it on before he left and no one had bothered to turn it off. Chuuya didn't really care, he enjoyed the music—and it helped him drown out the sounds of his own mind. Two days. Two days he had known Akira Kitagawa and he was close to throwing himself in front of oncoming traffic.

               "Man, you are one lucky scoundrel," Tachihara announced as he threw himself down beside Chuuya, making him lose his line on the article he had been reading. Tachihara threw his arm over the back of the red couch, turning to face the fellow redhead. "Wanna swap positions with me?" Chuuya looked at him from over the newspaper, having no clue what the hell his colleague and friend was talking about.

                 "What?" He asked, raising a curious eyebrow.

                  "Aki, man!" Tachihara exclaimed, as if it were obvious. Gin entered the room, along with Akutagawa and Higuchi. "You're so lucky to be partnered with her. She's hot as fuck." A daydreaming look crossed the darker redhead's features as he stared straight ahead, as if he could picture the raven-haired girl from memory. He'd only truly seen her in passing, but each time he did, he felt like he was going to drop down dead on the spot at her beauty.

                 Chuuya tutted, turning back to his newspaper, "A pain in the ass is what she is." He corrected, licking his thumb before changing the page. He wasn't even reading it anymore, just pretending to so that Tachihara would leave him alone—but he didn't. He had never been the type of person to take a hint, or rather, he didn't really care.

                  "I'd let her be a pain in my ass." The man said, grinning as he wiggled his eyebrows at Chuuya. The Executive sighed heavily.

                 "Objectifying women, are we, Tachihara?" Higuchi questioned with a raised eyebrow as she sat herself down on the armchair opposite them, though her eyes darted to Akutagawa as he examined the book shelf, searching for something to read. Her eyes were on him at least 90% of the time they were around each other.

                  "Worshiping women," Tachihara corrected her, earning a scoff of amusement on her behalf. He threw himself back onto the couch dramatically. "I mean, holy shit, have you seen her? She's an Angel." He rhetorically asked, because he knew they had—everyone had basked in her beauty the first time there eyes bestowed upon her. Even Akutagawa had acknowledged it, who typically showed no real interest in women. He had bigger things to think about than fawning over a woman.

                 "She is quite beautiful." Gin softly agreed, standing by the window, looking out into the city of Yokohama. It was late in the evening and the city was lit up like a carnival. The sky was full of stars, twinkling above the city whilst the headlights of cars lit up the roads. Pedestrians looked like nothing more than ants from the high floor of the building.