SEVENTEEN.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:
This woman is the devil in fucking
disguise.
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

               Fuck my life.

               Aki's head felt like it was going to explode. She couldn't remember the last time she had drank so much that she had a killer hangover the following morning—but there she was, having just opened her eyes to the horrific sight of daylight pouring through her window and a killer headache. Who's idea was it to drink almost a full bottle of whiskey? Oh, right, it was her idea. Damn.

                 She sat herself up, the entire room spinning as she did so. Her stomach did somersaults, as if it was auditioning for a gymnastic team. She was never drinking again, she had decided. Nope. Not a single drop of the cursed liquid would she drink again. Especially when she couldn't remember the events of the night before. Blackout drunk, yay, she sarcastically thought.

                Somehow, she managed to drag herself from bed and to her bathroom where she threw herself into a freezing cold shower. It was enough to awaken all of her senses, though, it didn't exactly make her feel any better. But once she was dried and dressed, she could function slightly better. Not well. But better.

                Once she was dressed in a black turtle-neck crop top with a red mini-skirt, she pulled both sides of her hair into low pigtails. She wanted her hair out of her face, just in case she ended up being sick but still wanted to be presentable. She put a pair of sunglasses over her eyes to hide them from the harsh sunlight that bore through the huge windows with a vengeance. She felt like an idiot, wearing the sunglasses indoors, but it had to be done if she was going to ever leave her bedroom.

                  Once she was ready, she left for the dining room. She needed food—and a big glass of orange juice. Upon entering, she realised the dining room was particularly empty. She briefly remembered Higuchi saying she was heading out for a mission with Akutagawa, hence their absence. Gin had said the Black Lizards had a meeting that morning—but Tachihara was there, piling food onto a plate in a rush, probably to take to his meeting.

                  Hearing her footsteps, those in the room glanced up. Chuuya, Tachihara and Kouyou. A huge grin crossed Tachihara's lips at the sight of Aki entering, "Aki! Good morning!" He chirped, making her cringe as his voice bounced around her skull. One thing she had learned about the redhead was that he was a morning person. She was not.

               She headed straight for the dining table, holding her hand up and squeezing her eyes closed as she threw herself down into one of the open seats, "Please, not so loud. My skull is about to explode." She said in a tired voice, sliding down in her seat, pressing her knees against the table.

                 Tachihara laughed in amusement, putting his plate down beside her, "Did someone have too much to drink last night?" His voice was teasing and she didn't like it. She was suffering greatly—perhaps on deaths door. She didn't need his teasing.

                  "I'm not sure. I can't remember." She said, keeping her eyes closed. From opposite her, Chuuya stiffened at her words. He had been freaking out all morning, wondering how he was going to be around her after what had almost happened between them the night before, whilst she had been intoxicated. But from the sound of her words, she could barely remember drinking, let alone what had been said between them. And what almost happened between them. But it didn't make him feel any better; because he remembered everything.