Prologue

The year is 2027. The government has had an official ban on the internet for 27 years now. When the last World War started as an internet prank, the world leaders called an official meeting to discuss. They decided to outlaw the very thing that was being used as a weapon against them all- the Internet.

Now, each citizen in every single nation around the world has a certain amount of time, and a time slot once a week to ensure that their browsing is safely monitored and that nations are kept safe from hackers or pranksters.

Since then, illness rates had declined, suicide rates had also declined, and the world was a little bit safer. Governments had their citizens back under control again and the debate about body images, views, likes, etc. was basically a moot point now.

However, about a year and a half ago a disruption sent ripples throughout the world once more. For 16 days 13 hours 52 minutes and 6 seconds, the time on the internet stopped. All around the world, people were able to freely use it how the pleased. Video sites shared a huge increase in viewership, universities recorded a 700% increase in the amount of applications being filled out and submitted, and media outlets spread the news like wild fire.

Once under control again, people took to the streets to petition their governments for more lenient practices. In some nations, riots and sit-ins were held to try and catch the eyes of the ever present government.

Copy-cats began trying to make their own bugs. Some successfully earning themselves not just a trip to Prison, but an immediate three strike ban without the option to repeal the decision. 

Cyber Divisions around the world were wading through thousands of tips, calls, and alerts. Then about a year later, it seemed to have slowed significantly.

However, the woman responsible for such world wide confusion and disruption is to be let out of prison soon.

How else can she sow chaos?