Crow 13

(Make sure to read the previous chapter first. It updated fairly recently.) 

His babe had fallen back asleep shortly after their shower. Ash, however, was still quite energetic, but also quite mad at himself. Ru hadn't told him no or tried to push him away at all earlier, but he still realized, after the fact, that there had been enough signs for him to have realized that he needed a break. 

Running his fingers gently through Ru's feathered hair as the man rested in his arms, he frowned, pursed his lips, then sighed for the hundredth time. 

Your feathers are still in your hair while you're sleeping, too. 

They were sometimes just there, but considering the sheer amount of them, Ash had no misconceptions. He'd stressed out his love... while trying to show him love. 

Leaning his head back on the pillows, Ash was about to close his eyes to try and finally relax a little when his phone vibrated beside him, drawing his attention and making him reach over to check the screen. 

Oh crap! 

He nearly jerked into a sitting position right then and there but caught himself at the last second so that he didn't startle Ruru. Instead, he took a deep breath and gently leaned forward to press a kiss to Ru's hair. 

"Ruru? Sweetheart? It's just about dinner time," he whispered against his soft feathers, trying to coax him back to consciousness as gently as possible. 

He noticed his feathers slowly lift a little in his hair at the same time his body began to languidly stretch out against his own. 

So cute...

A yawn finally followed, but before he could see his love open his beautiful eyes his human form wavered, then vanished! 

E-eh? 

His mind took a moment to process what had happened, but before he could grab the blanket and lift it up to reveal the crow likely beneath it, he felt something abruptly tug at the piercing he had between his legs! 

"O-ouch!" 

That got his own butt out of bed quickly! 

Turning as he rubbed himself, Ash scowled at the black bird now nonchalantly staring up at the ceiling from within a ring of their piled-up blanket. 

"Rucrow, that was not appropriate," he grumbled, even though, internally, he felt like he'd deserved it a bit. 

But only once! 

Shaking off his slight frustration as the pain ebbed, Ash turned and began getting dressed. He could feel Rucrow watching him the entire time, but that didn't bother him at all. 

Once he was ready to go in a pair of black cargo pants and a light blue button up T-shirt, he slid on his tennis shoes and walked back over to the quirky bird.

"I'm guessing you're coming to dinner like that?" he said as he knelt down in front of it in order to be at eye level. 

Rucrow rustled its feathers, then tilted its head and clacked its beak once. 

"Hmm, I'm going to take that as a yes." 

He was just about to offer to pick him up when he realized something and looked toward the door. 

Ah, right! The little sweater mum made for you! 

He'd already put the harness in a safe place after unclipping it from the man's pants earlier, but he'd lost track of the sweater.