Chapter 142: In The Words of Diana Ross...

Just to recap. In the last chapter they were in Vancouver sorting themselves out 😉________________________

Nighttime...

I'm coming out
I'm coming
I'm coming out
I'm coming out
I'm coming out.

I'm coming out
I want the world to know
Got to let it show
I'm coming out
I want the world to know
I got to let it show.

Click

"Seriously Nikki. This song? Out of all the songs you could play, you chose this one." I glared at him.

"It's playing from the radio."

I continued to glare at him.

"Honestly." He chuckled. "You think I have control over what the radio plays."

"Ugh." I roll my eyes.

"Look just take a deep breath okay." He rubbed my back. "Deep breath in, deep breath out. Deep breath-"

"Okay, you're not helping." I brushed his hand away. "Why am I so nervous?"

"Because we've been in the closet for the longest time. Years." He snorted.

"Yeah, years." I looked out the window.

"Do you know what you're going to say?"

I shook my head no.

Nikki stayed quiet rubbing his hands together trying to warm them up from the cold. After our talk, I felt that this was the right step. Before coming out to the public I had to come out to the one person who raised me. My mom. And although she gave me the go-ahead to pursue Nikki. I sometimes felt like she was a bit happy when I told her Nikki was married. It meant that she wouldn't have to deal with him.

We stayed seated in the car at the end of my driveway in Scarborough, Canada. I feel like we've been sitting here for hours but it's only been minutes. I knew my whole family was home. I didn't tell them that I went to LA to see Nikki before coming home. Besides, I wanted Nikki to be here. And I want them to understand that I'm serious about him. No more hiding. No more sneaking around. It's us or it's nothing. So, no matter what my family throws at me. I will be there for him this time. No more running away.

"Why aren't you panicking?" I turn to stare at him.

"Mani you're kidding me, right?" His eyes go wide. "I'm shitting bricks right now. Your mom is fucking scary. But I'm trying to hold myself together because it's not going to do either of us good if we're both panicking."

I turned from him and rubbed my face.

"Look princess, I'm keeping myself together for you." He rubbed my arm.

You could have at least put your clothing together as well. That is what I wanted to say when I first saw what he put on to meet my mom. But that's something that will have to stay in my thoughts for now.

"That's great Nikki."

"So just let me know when you're ready."

"I'm ready."

"Too soon." He chuckled nervously.

I giggled.

"Okay, I'll give you time."

We were silent again pulling our jackets close to our bodies. The only thing providing real heat for us was from the car.

"If she... if she says no... what will-"

"Let's go in first." I cut him off.

He nodded.

I pulled into my driveway and turned the engine off.