Chapter 32

AN: Here's another long Chapter, Hope you guys enjoy it! Or maybe not because of all the angst... Sorry (╥﹏╥)

=0=0=0=0=

The song of the morning echoed throughout the cave as Dream played with George's hair, the latter still peacefully asleep on his chest. The alpha had to work hard last night to tire his mate out. He had awoken sometime during the night and found the vampire gone.

He would have panicked if not for the vampire's rich scent floating into the cave from the outside. There he found his mate freshening up. He could tell something was keeping his mate up but knew that the vampire wasn't in the mood for a heavy conversation. So instead, he went along with George's teasing which led to another round of passion, only then was the brunette successfully tired enough to fall asleep.

The werewolf knew that he would need to return to his pack soon or they would start sending search parties and that only made his heart grow heavy. He felt the weight of the legacy that his father had sacrificed his life over bare down on his shoulders, and was wrecked by the guilt here he was entertaining thoughts of abandoning everything so he could be with his mate.

Dream sighed as he stared at the ceiling sending a soft apology to his father for what he was about to do. He would return to his pack to silently bid his farewells and grab the bags that he had previously packed, then disappear leaving behind only a letter for Sapnap explaining everything. No doubt his best friend would be angry for a while but he knew that the raven head would eventually forgive him. Dream could only hope that they would get a chance to meet each other again.

With all these worries clouding his head Dream doesn't notice his mate starting to stir in his arms. It was only when the brunette laid a gentle kiss on the werewolf's neck did his attention returned to his lover.

"What has got you all gloomy so early in the morning?" the brunette asks.

"Just planning, Little One..." Dream replied before pressing their lips together. "We need to leave today," he says firmly when they pull away.

"Why?" the vampire asks in confusion.

"Now that we've mated my scent has changed, plus I still have bruises from your bites last night. I may be able to mask a scent for a little while but no doubt my pack will start to become suspicious. And if I linger too long, they might put two and two together." The alpha explained, stretching his neck to show the hickeys that George left.

It was rather odd that they were still prominent since as a shifter he should have the ability to heal quickly but it might have something to do with them being mates and his body treating them as a mating mark.

"So is that it, do we just go now?" George asks in concern and Dream lets out a husky chuckle.

"Not yet Little One, I still have a couple of things to settle so I need to return."

"You're going now?"

"I don't want to Love, but if I stay any longer it might become dangerous. I'll be back before noon at the latest. In the meantime, you should get dressed. I have a spare shirt you can wear in that satchel over there," Dream says as he points to the corner of the cave. "Roll up the cot as well and get ready, we leave the second I come back."

George cups his face and gives him a long and lazy kiss. "Be careful Dream."

"I will, I love you, George."

"I love you too."

~0~0~0~

Dream was mentally drafting the letter that he would leave as he was heading back. He had no idea how to word all his feelings and apologies in a way that would lessen the sting of his leaving. He also had one last selfish request for Sapnap, which was to look after his mother. His mother had become a hollow shell upon hearing of her mate's death, his disappearance might push her over the edge, so he wanted to make sure that she was in good hands. He knew he was asking a lot, but there was no one else that he trusted in his pack more than his raven-head friend.