Chapter 3 - Enforced Search Party

Y/N checked in undisputed intervals to see whether the Sun had set or not yet. He was lucky he was a patient man, or else the tension of this ritual would probably drive him madder than any psychological thing this place could throw at him. Unfortunately, he was unsure as to Pomni's patience but quickly discovered as he encountered her begrudgingly walking back to her room after probably doing the exact thing he was about to do.

Y/N - "Oh, fancy seeing you here."

Pomni jumped at Y/N's sudden presence and burned a light yet noticeable crimson.

Pomni - "H-Hey Y/N. I was just, uh... checking the time."

Y/N - "Funny, I was about to do so myself. Guess we're both kinda impatient about this key thing, huh?"

They share a light chuckle before falling into a momentary silence. Y/N was racking his mind trying to think of the next quippy thing to say, but came up dry. Huh, that's weird. And unusual. Normally that sort of stuff just flies off the top of his head. Why was he having trouble with thinking of anything to say now? He loves talking, not only that but he was good at talking.

Y/N - "... uh-"

Caine - "Hi!"

The two jumped out of their skin as Caine appeared next to them, yelling in his showman's bellow as always. On cue, everyone slowly walked out of their rooms and looked over to Y/N, Pomni and Caine.

Caine - "You know what time it is, my superstars! Get dressed and get downstairs for our wonderful introductory theme song!"

Ragatha - "What about Pomni? Is she in the theme song yet?"

Caine - "She sure is! In place of Kaufmo, of course."

Pomni - "Huh? I-Intro song?"

Jax - "Oooooh, what are you gonna pick for your 'action', Pomni? Don't worry, it's only the one and only movement you'll be doing for the rest of your life."

Pomni - "Action? Wha-?"

Caine had already disappeared, probably gone off to prepare himself and grab Bubble. Y/N tapped her shoulder lightly as they all began to walk down to the main tent chamber.

Y/N - "Just a little performance Caine likes to do before each adventure. Not like we have an audience or anything."

Jax - "Yeah, wouldn't that be crazy."

He stares off grinning into space again, loosely staring at Zooble who swats him over the head as they pass.

Zooble - "We each have a slot in the introduction to do whatever. A wave, a smile, whatever the %$!# you want. At least Y/N's actually here to do the intro this time instead of that cringe pre-recorded one."

Y/N - "He used the pre-recorded one? Rough."

Pomni was freaking out a bit trying to think of what to do in her intro segment. Watching her nervously ramble on was sort of endearing. It must be the eyes, they were comedically large and puppy-dog-like.

Ragatha - "Don't worry too much Pomni, just do whatever feels natural."

Pomni - "But I don't know what feels natural!"

Gangle - "Aw, you'll do great Pomni! Just smile and wave, or maybe dance- oooh, are you good at dancing-?"

Jax - "Oh, Gangle's happy again. Who did that?"

Y/N - "I did that. Would you rather she were sobbing her eyes out?"

Jax - "Eh I dunno. It fills the silence every now and then."