Chapter 28 - Confessions (Part 2)

Y/N - "Alright people, I won't be repeating myself so pay attention."

Class was in session; Ragatha, Gangle, Zooble, Kinger, Jax, and Pomni were all sitting facing Y/N's blackboard. Apparently, to hold off rampant questioning, Pomni promised Zooble to explain what had been going on the past good while. Now that Y/N was safe and sound, the time had arrived.

Jax - "What if we have questions, which I'm sure we definitely will?"

Y/N - "We'll answer them as we go. Hey, this really is like a classroom!"

No one seemed as enthusiastic as Y/N. Pomni was still holding down a smile from their kiss moments earlier (truthfully so was Y/N) but everyone else seemed to hold this expression of shock, concern, and anger on their faces. They'd be understanding, right?

Y/N - "Okay... let's start. Do we remember when Caine promised that exit and we ended up in some kind of torture chamber?"

Gangle - "The one with all the cogs?"

Y/N - "That's the one. Well, you may recall that Caine tethered us into groups so we couldn't wander off from one another, and yet it didn't work on Pomni. We, uh... still don't have an explanation for that, but it made me realise that Pomni must work differently to us. Maybe it's 'cause she's newer? Not sure."

In the momentary silence, most faces glanced at Pomni. She shrugged nervously in apology. Of course, she had no idea why either. It was another mystery for the board,

Y/N - "Now for a bit of a confession about myself, one of many you'll be hearing today. I too am different in that I can make stuff red and weird."

Jax - "... okay?"

Y/N - "It sounds boring, I know, but it's like a corruption ability. It just sort of showed up one day. It's how I fixed your masks, Ribbons. I can manipulate the structure, or the code, of this reality, so long as there is code for me to hold onto. I'm not Caine, I can't make stuff appear and disappear at will."

Zooble - "What?! How long have you had this?!"

Y/N - "Easy Doom, I know. I'm sorry, I should've said something sooner-"

Ragatha - "ESPECIALLY since it hurts you when you do it and it's slowly getting more and more out of control!"

Y/N - "... thank you, Rags."

This caused a minor uproar. Zooble and Jax rolled their eyes in frustration. Alternatively, Gangle and Kinger shot out of their seats and rushed over to Y/N like a flock of anxious sheep. This was part of the reason why he never wanted anyone to know; the worry, and the judgment.

Gangle - "I-It hurt you when you repaired my masks?!"

Y/N - "Eh, not massively."

Jax - "If anyone here were to willingly chop of a limb for us, it would be you. You idiot."

Y/N - "Hey, you shut it jackrabbit! You've got some hefty explaining to do yourself shortly!"

Jax threw up his hands defensively and quietened down, allowing Y/N to continue.

Y/N - "So, one time I may or may not have slipped a key from Jax's magical key ring and found a door that led to this weird liminal office area that Pomni and I got lost in for a little while. It led to the Void, still not too sure why but it sure did. Anyways, Caine found us and immediately whipped us back. After your lovely confrontation, Jax..."

Y/N shot Jax a sarcastic glare, making everyone turn to him. Unsurprisingly, Jax merely shrugged and folded his arms, keeping his eyes locked on Y/N's presentation.