Chapter 8 - A Second Opinion

Y/N hadn't left his room in a while.

Pomni felt like she should talk to him.

There was a slight dilemma, however.

He made her incredibly nervous, but also surprisingly comfortable. Jax had said that he had been flirting with her. Ragatha strongly suggested that there was something going on between the two. They were holding hands for a while. A long while. Y/N basically hugged her when they hid from Caine. He was the closest thing to comfort she had experienced in the circus.

But what did that leave her with?

Well, there were a couple of potential options. Either Pomni pursued something (whatever that something was) and she can see where it goes, or she can try to ignore it and admit she was probably overthinking. There was no way she'd be feeling... feelings for someone here, right?

She needed a second opinion.

Pomni considered talking to Y/N himself, but that seemed a bit forward. He may completely disagree with her. It was far better to talk to someone who actually thought there was something going on between the two, and as Jax didn't seem like the best option, Pomni marched over to Ragatha's door. Unfortunately, it sounded like she was mid-conversation with the man himself - the temptation to listen in on their conversation was unbearable but she managed to resist and withdraw. Pomni knew that Ragatha and Y/N were close, but surely they weren't that sort of close. Wait, why did she care so much?

Shaking her head, Pomni sighed and walked down the corridor. Maybe she could ask someone who isn't Jax? Gangle seemed happier now her mask is fixed- wait, no, it broke again in that pit thing they all fell into. So maybe Zooble? They seemed pretty chill-

Kinger - "POMNI!"

Pomni jumped a foot in the air as Kinger yelled down towards her. She spun around to see what looked like everyone excluding Y/N, Ragatha and Jax walking down towards her. Zooble led the group as Gangle slumped behind Kinger, who was cradling his head as if he hurt it from his own shouting. Unsure what to do at their sudden presence, Pomni threw her hands behind her back as if she were holding something shameful before realising that was stupid. She then spun around as if she had to run somewhere and then realised that too was stupid. Finally, she gave up and walked over to the trio.

Pomni - "H-Hey guys."

Zooble - "I needed some fresh air and picked up some stragglers along the way. Wanna join? You don't have to but you can if you want, I don't care."

What a perfect opportunity. Pomni nodded a bit more uncertainly than she intended as she sidled next to Gangle, who tried and failed to smile at her.

Pomni - "You still have your, uh, sad mask on?"

Gangle - "W-Well, Y/N's been busy... so... yeah..."

Y/N fixes her mask? Does he have special glue or something?

Pomni - "I thought you would've just had, like, a box of spares. Y/N can fix your mask?"

Gangle - "Y-Yeah, he doesn't show me how he does it but he always manages to."

Kinger - "Y/N's magic, I'm telling you."

Zooble - "He's certainly something. He's done stuff none of us could ever do."

Well, it seems the conversation was already ripe in Y/N's direction. Taking advantage of the situation, Pomni cleared her throat slightly and swallowed heavily as they exited the Tent.

Pomni - "What do you all... think of Y/N?"

Zooble raised an eyebrow as they fell back a bit to engage with Pomni.