Chapter 17 - Claustrophobia

You don't need to sleep in the Amazing Digital Circus. Not only did you never feel a need to, but you were never tired enough to even try bothering.

The most effort you may put in within a day is during one of Caine's adventures, or putting up with some prank Jax had set up. Why try sleeping if you aren't tired, right? That was the thought process Y/N had, at least. Ragatha was very firm on trying to nap every now and then as it was good for the mind and body. She also pressured everyone else into making sure they had rested. Even if you weren't tired, sleeping was good for you.

Y/N, however, proved to be her most difficult challenge.

Somehow, Y/N didn't get tired. Maybe out of breath, maybe tired of someone's shenanigans, but never exhausted to the point of needing rest. Or he didn't tell you if he was and just kept on a smile. Either way, trying to get him to sleep was like trying to rewrite the laws of reality. You just couldn't do it. Well, maybe you could in the Amazing Digital Circus, but the metaphor still stands. The closest the two of them had gotten to an actual argument was over Y/N's lack of self-care. He spent too much time focusing on everyone else to focus on himself. There were also the many times Ragatha had caught Y/N wide awake and strolling around the Tent well into the evening, which led to inevitable passive-aggressive care.

The minute Y/N woke up in his bed, gently opening his eyes and letting out a yawn, all of this information flooded through his mind. He had actually fallen asleep, for the first time in who knows how long. What on earth had prompted this? The answer came in the small curled-up form of a certain jester.

Pomni was wrapped around Y/N like a sloth to a tree. Her arms and legs had tightly gripped onto Y/N's side and her head was comfortably tucked into the crevice of Y/N's neck. The most distracting part, however, was the huge smile plastered across her face, as if she had won the lottery. She had never looked so happy. So much so that Y/N didn't want to move in fear of waking her. The poor thing deserved some rest; she had been nonstop nervous since the minute she arrived. This was only fair, right?

There was also the fact that Y/N was greatly enjoying their accidental hug.

And so he laid there and time went on. He almost caught himself slipping back into unconsciousness. What was happening? Was Pomni magic? Did she have some sort of magical effect that forced sleepiness into Y/N's body? Who cares what it was, the whole experience was incredibly enjoyable.

Y/N - "Why do I feel like this...?"

Pomni - "Hmm? Like what?"

Y/N resisted the urge to fling himself off of his bed and onto the floor with an incredibly loud thud. Didn't want to send Pomni flying. Especially since she looked so cosy. After clearing his throat, which was suddenly rather dry, Y/N spoke up again.

Y/N - "... s-sorry, I didn't realise you were awake."

Pomni - "Barely. Still sleepy."

Tucking her head back into the warm spot where Y/N was lying, Pomni let out a sigh and nested even further into his sheets. Damnit, it was adorable. Her eyes weren't even open, so Y/N couldn't blame his strange attraction on them. With her hat off and hair now firmly a tangled mess, the piano-bed creaked from her shifting weight.

Pomni - "D-Did I fall asleep too?"

Y/N - "Uh, yeah."

Pomni threw open her eyes in a sudden burst of energy to begin apologising but Y/N stopped her in her tracks.

Y/N - "I enjoyed it."

Pomni - "O-O-Oh..."

Y/N - "Did... did you enjoy it?"