⑤●DA:I

The chamber was quiet, save for the soft, rhythmic sound of Gemma's steady breathing. She lay in bed, wrapped in a tangle of sheets, her face contorted in anguish as her dreams took a dark turn. Beads of sweat formed on her forehead, and her fingers twitched as she wrestled with the phantoms of her sleep.

Cullen, who had been watching over her from the nearby chair, couldn't bear to see her suffer any longer. With a heavy heart, he rose and crossed the room, his bare feet making barely a whisper on the cold stone floor. Gently, he placed a hand on Gemma's shoulder and began to shake her awake.

"Gemma," he whispered, his voice a soothing murmur. "It's just a dream. Wake up, love."

She jolted awake with a gasp, her eyes wide and wild, scanning the dimly lit room until they landed on Cullen's familiar face. A deep sigh escaped her lips as her racing heart gradually slowed to a more reasonable pace.

"Another one?" Cullen asked softly, concern etched into his features.

Gemma nodded, her chest heaving. "The same one, Cullen. The same nightmare."

He sat on the edge of the bed and took her trembling hand in his. "Tell me about it," he urged, his voice warm and comforting.

"It's Haven," Gemma began, her voice quivering. "The snow is falling, and I'm standing there, watching everything burn. People screaming, buildings collapsing... and I'm helpless, unable to save anyone."

Cullen's heart ached for her as she described the recurring nightmare. He knew that Gemma had carried the weight of Haven's destruction on her shoulders, despite her valiant efforts to protect the Inquisition. The trauma of that fateful day still haunted her. It always had.

"It's just a nightmare, Gemma," he assured her, squeezing her hand gently. "Haven is behind us, and we've come so far since then."

She nodded, her gaze never leaving his. "I know, Cullen, but the memories... they don't fade so easily."

Cullen leaned in, pressing a tender kiss to her forehead. "I'm here for you, always," he whispered. "No matter how many nightmares you face, you don't have to face them alone."

Gemma managed a weak smile, her fingers intertwining with his. "Thank you. I don't know what I'd do without you."

With those words, she laid her head on his chest, listening to the steady rhythm of his heartbeat. Cullen held her close, their love and trust serving as a beacon in the darkest corners of her mind. They may not be able to erase the past, but together, they could face whatever challenges the future held.