②⑦•Genshin Impact

"Knight-Captains"

FANDOM: Genshin Impact

Pairings: None

Synopsis: Aether and Paimon excitedly return to Mondstadt to revisit some old friends before departing for Inazuma. They didn't quite expect meeting a new face too.

_____________________

Mondstadt's cobblestone streets welcomed the iconic traveling duo back as they descended from the statue of Barbatos. Aether and Paimon's visit was long overdue, marked by the welcome hues of dandelions that swirled in the crisp air. The bustling city sang a familiar tune, whispers of old friends and hidden memories echoing through the wind.

As Aether and Paimon strolled through the crowded market, a flash of indigo hair and a white fur collar caught their attention. Kaeya, Mondstadt's charming Cavalry Captain, was engaged in a conversation with a captivating figure. The captain of sweet talk was renowned for his charisma, but this exchange seemed different.

Paimon, ever excitable, couldn't contain herself. "Look, it's Captain Kaeya! Let's say hi!" She called out enthusiastically, her voice reaching Kaeya's ears.

But then, Paimon hesitated. "Wait, who's that girl talking to him? Paimon's never seen her before."

Aether, curious but composed, shrugged. They decided to observe from a distance, hidden within the vibrant market crowd.

The newcomer was clad in silver-blue armor adorned with intricate details, a fur coat adding a touch of elegance. She had long ivory hair fashioned in a braid draped across her shoulders. In her hands, a formidable claymore spoke of battles fought. A hint of blush painted her cheeks as she spoke to Kaeya, a contrast to the strong demeanor the armor suggested.

Paimon couldn't resist a tease. "Oooo! Looks like the flirtatious Captain Kaeya landed himself a girlfriend."

Aether retorted quietly, "Paimon, dont jump jump conclusions like that. And not everything is about romance!" Yet, both were intrigued by the unfolding scene.

Amidst the casual chatter, Kaeya noticed their discreet observation. His eyes locked onto Aether and Paimon, and with a casual wave, he beckoned them over. The duo exchanged glances but reluctantly approached, ready for introductions.

Kaeya, with his usual flair, presented the mysterious warrior. "Traveler, Paimon. Allow me to introduce Mondstadt's one and only Captain of the Front Line Division, Utami Rathneau."

Paimon was in awe, her eyes wide with admiration. "Front Line Division? That sounds intense! Does that mean you're on the battlefield all the time?"

Utami chuckled, her laughter chill like the cool mist of Dragonspine. "Something like that. I'm sorry we haven't met sooner. Kaeya has told me quite a lot about you two."

Kaeya added with a playful grin, "Utami has been away on a business trip to Snezhnaya for quite some time."

Aether couldn't hide his surprise. "Isn't that dangerous? Going on a business trip to Snezhnaya as a Knight?"

Utami's eyes gleamed with a mixture of determination and wisdom. "I appreciate the concern, but sometimes we have old debts to settle."

Paimon, still in awe, expressed gratitude for the meeting. "It's nice to meet you, Utami! And Kaeya, it's good to see you again. But we should get going if we wanna make it to Inazuma on time. Bye!"

As the trio exchanged farewells, Aether and Paimon headed back towards the statue of Barbatos, leaving behind the lively streets of Mondstadt. The city, with its vibrant colors and echoes of laughter, witnessed the brief reunion and departure of travelers bound for lands they've yet explored.

In the fading sunlight, Paimon glanced back at Mondstadt. "That Captain Utami is quite something, huh?"

Aether, eyes gazing ahead, nodded. "Yeah."

With that, they vanished into the horizon, Mondstadt's warm glow fading behind them.