③⑨• SNK

☆This is my Reiner Braun appreciation one-off ig, enjoy☆

"Awkward Hand-Holding."

FANDOM: Shingeki No Kyojin/Attack On Titan

Synopsis: It's a cold night in the barracks and blankets are scarce, to the unfortunate circumstance for Elke Von Rubinrose, a prospective Scout. Thankfully she has a friend in Reiner Braun, who offers to share his own.

_______________________

The night settled over the barracks, bringing with it a biting chill that crept through every crack and crevice. Reiner, trying to stave off the cold, wrapped himself tightly in his blanket as he sat on his bunk. The rhythmic hum of the barracks was accompanied by the occasional snore from his fellow cadets.

Elke, feeling the same cold draft, searched for an extra blanket but found none. She sighed, resigning herself to a rather frigid night. As she passed Reiner's bunk, he noticed her discomfort.

"Hey, Elke," Reiner called softly, "I've got an extra blanket. You want to share?"

She hesitated, glancing around at the other sleeping cadets. The idea of sharing a blanket with Reiner seemed innocent enough, so she nodded with a grateful smile.

"Sure, thanks."

As they settled on his bunk, the blanket draped over both of them, a newfound warmth enveloped them. Reiner couldn't help but steal glances at Elke, her features softened in the dim light.

Elke caught his gaze and offered a shy smile. "It's warmer like this," she remarked, her words barely audible.

Reiner nodded, unable to suppress the warmth spreading across his cheeks. "Yeah, definitely warmer."

They sat in a comfortable silence for a moment, the shared blanket acting as a bridge between them. The barracks' usual noises seemed distant as they whispered about trivial matters, discussing the peculiarities of their fellow cadets and sharing snippets of their dreams for the future.

Under the blanket, their hands brushed accidentally, sending a subtle jolt through both of them. The shy smiles turned into shared laughter, breaking the quiet of the night. It was a fleeting moment, a simple exchange, yet it held an intimacy that lingered in the air.

As the night wore on, Reiner and Elke found solace in each other's company. And as the barracks slept on, they whispered and laughed, grateful for the unexpected warmth they found in each other.