①⑨●Genshin Impact

"I Was All Over Her."

🎵

"I guess I am always, it's not a problem."
"It's just something, and I got used to it."
"Every stranger makes me feel safer."
"And every person seems more beautiful."

🎵

FANDOM: Genshin Impact

Pairings: Kaeya Alberich X Utami Rathneau (implied)

Synopsis: Utami is completely out of her element, half naked and exposed in a way she's never been before. Kaeya tries to work fast and pretend this is perfectly normal, but this is a side of her he's never seen before, and his eyes keep darting over to the various scars peppering Utami's pale skin.

OR: Kaeya patches Utami's wounds and sees more than he feels he should. He's guilty, and it's never spoken of again.
___________________________________

In the dimly lit corner of the Knight's Headquarters, Utami Rathneau and Kaeya Alberich stumbled in, bearing the weight of their recent battle. The air was thick with the scent of sweat and the residual cold energy of Cryo. The kind of cold that burns at your nostrils until you faintly sniffle and that stings your eyes until you feel a tear.

Both Knights were visibly battered, but it was Utami who bore the brunt of their adversaries' wrath.

Ignoring his own protesting muscles and stinging, superficial wounds, Kaeya took the lead. He guided Utami, whose steps faltered with each painful stride, towards the secluded corner. The urgency of their situation left no room for pleasantries or formalities. Nor for Kaeya's bost battle humor and Utami's sarcastic, annoyed jests. Tonight, the two were uncharacteristically quiet. Maybe it was the exhaustion, maybe it was anger in the way the other fought so recklessly wirh no regard for their own safety, or maybe it was fear in the others injuries.

Seeing her, for Kaeya, it may as well have been all three.

The room's dim umber glow revealed the severity of Utami's injuries. A crimson stain marred her torso, evidence of a wound hidden beneath layers of armor and fabric. Kaeya's demeanor shifted, his usual playful grin replaced by a focused determination.

"I need to get a look at that wound," Kaeya said, his voice calm and steady. Utami nodded, acknowledging the necessity of her impending discomfort. Kaeya's gaze never faltered, like he had made a silent promise that he would do his best to ease her through this ordeal.

The process began with the removal of Utami's armor, each piece clattering softly as it hit the ground. Utami winced with every movement, her stoicism barely containing the painful groans threatening to escape. Kaeya worked methodically, unfastening buckles and straps with a finesse that betrayed his usual casual, slackey demeanor.

The last layer, an undershirt stained with sweat and blood, proved to be the most challenging. Utami's strangled groan filled the air as Kaeya carefully peeled it away, revealing the extent of the injury. Kaeya's eyes, normally sharp and mischievous, softened with a rare vulnerability as he witnessed Utami's discomfort.

"Sorry," he murmured, an apology that carried a weight of understanding. This was a side of Utami he had never seen - vulnerable, exposed, and completely out of her element. Kaeya felt a pang of guilt for his role in this intimate act of care.

Utami, half-naked and exposed, endured the examination with the very resilience that defined her. Kaeya worked with greater care than anyone had ever seen him summon before, his hands moving deftly as he assessed the wound. An entire conversation was woven into only the glances they shared.

Utami's pale skin bore the peppered scars of battles fought, some superficial, others telling tales of more vicarious encounters. Kaeya's eyes traced the intricate jagged edges, some smooth, some faint and some not, some deeper, and some not. Small and large. He doesn't know why this surprised him. They're both Knight's, scars feelnlike nothing more than a mere collectible, like a card game.

This was just a macabre acknowledgment of the sacrifices Knight's made for Mondstadt. Had Kaeya been peppered with scars like these- and, undoubtedly, he is. Why else would he wear an eyepatch?- then it wouldn't be such a large ordeal. But that was exactly it. It was. It was, because these scars peppered and tormented her. Because of her.

It wasn't a big secret that dear Cavalry Captain Kaeya Alberich liked Front Line Captain Utami Rathneau. The only secret about it was how much it made Kaeya feel guilty. Sick.

It also wasn't a big secret that Utami was a widow. She'd many times expressed the grief of her late husband. How much it seemes she's not ready for someone like that again.

Kaeya understands that. Maybe all too well. And he'll respect that.

Apologies were exchanged with each wince and uttered 'hold still.' Kaeya focused on the task at hand, determined to provide the care Utami needed while respecting her privacy. In that intimate space, the vulnerability of a Knight was laid bare, and Kaeya worked diligently to close the wound that spoke of their shared struggles.

When the task was complete, Kaeya stepped back, the weight of the moment lingering in the air. Utami, now clad in a fresh layer of bandages, met Kaeya's eyes with a nod of gratitude. No words passed between them about this. Kaeya was sure none ever would. But it was enough for tonight.

As the Knight's Headquarters returned to its usual bustling activity, the fated two parted ways.