Six

Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust.
Psalm:16:1

Molemo Khumalo
Two days later
12:33p.m.

She walks into the living room and sits down the plastics and shopping bags in the kitchen. She was so tired that she could sleep but knew Christmas was almost close.

She had to have her gifts wrapped and ready and also give the chef the Christmas recipes.

She turns the television on and continues to watching the show while she is trying to cook and mac and cheese. She looks at how the lady on YouTube is doing and does how he does it.

"Oh, Miss Khumalo,"She looks up to see the house's chef and she smiles.

"Hi, Francisco."

"Hey. Mr Khumalo asked me to come and cook since Mr Mbappe and his family is coming for dinner."

Molemo frowns and continues to cook."Oh,I didn't know about that."She looks up at Francisco and while carefully listening to the lady on the phone.

"I am sorry ma'am. I'll continue from here or do you want to finish?"She looks at him and pout.

"I-"The elevator doors open and she sees the Mbappe family and his father coming out of the elevator."You can continue."

"The mac and cheese?"

"Le-"Her father walks to her and the chef. Her father looks at her with furrowed eyebrows."Hi dad."

"Hey. The mess in the living room and please go change."She looks at her outfit and nod her head.

"I didn't know about the dinner with the Mbappe family."I whisper to him and he looks at me.

"I told you yesterday and this morning."Her father looks at her and then smirk."Those bags in the living room."

"You know me and Christmas are like best friends."

"Of course...when I saw my notifications. I knew it was you and the gifts."

"And are you okay?"She whispers to her father since she can feel the tense energy from him.

"I'm stressed out but it's nothing that tidying the living can do."

"Of course."Molemo smiles.

"Francisco,what's for dinner?"

"Miss Khumalo was trying to make mac and cheese so I'll make it including the dishes you wanted."

Mr Khumalo nods his head and she walks away to hear a very familiar voice. She walks further into the living room to see Mr Mbappe and two of his sons- Kylian and Ethan."You should ha-"

"Bonjour,Monsieur Mbappe."She says walking to handshake Mr Mbappe's hand which took Mr Mbappe by surprise because she knew French a bit.

"I'm good and you?"

"Good."She nods her head while trying to avoid Kylian's looks because she knows that he is looking at her.

"Oh okay,these are my sons-Ethan,the youngest and Kylian, which you probably know."She looks at Ethan and than Kylian who is lazily busy on his phone.

"Nice to meet you,Guys."She puts her hand out and Ethan shakes it and then with Kylian just shaking it without any interest. She smirks and just take her bags and go to her bedroom.

Kylian looks at her while she walks upstairs and when their eyes meet-Molemo quickly turns away and walks into her room. Kylian chews the inside of his cheek and then looks at his phone.