Seventeen

She takes her phone out of her bag,still in Benjamin's hotel,he stands by the door,with arms folded looking at her in distress

He tried to get her to talk about it but she wasn't having none of that so he decides to be patient with her.

She types the number of her two month ex-boyfriend,Lucas,a tall,dark and handsome young man.

He had a few tattoos,all girls drooled on him but he didn't want them since his eyes were set on Candace.

A young girl caused them to break up since she pinned a child on him and she didn't want any drama in her life so she broke up with him.

Lucas wasn't having none of that but for the sake of peace between Candace and him it made sense.

She paces around the room and the call is picked up on the third call."My caramel chocolate...c-"

"Cut the bullshit,Lucas. You sold the video to the papers."

"Calm down and then explain because I don't know what you are talking about."

"Our intimate moment...back in grade 10,Lucas."

"Oh shit. You can't be serious. Justin,open your laptop,I'm trending dawg."Lucas replies while Candace is trembling and Benjamin comes to hug her.

He didn't know what to do but to comfort her while he thinks of a plan.

"Lucas?"

"I'm here baby girl,I'm so sorry. I think I know who did this."He replies and there is movement at the back."Are you alone or with Molemo?"

"Uhm- just know I'm not alone or with Molemo."

"Okay,do you want me to say it or let you be alone?"He scoffs and Candace looks at him.

"Let me give you privacy."Benjamin whispers and kisses her forehead.

She watches him leave and she sits on the bed."So it's true?"

"What?"

"You and the white soccer, Benjamin?I think it's his name."

"How did you find that out?"

"We are looking at blog articles of you guys."He replies and Candace lets her breath out."You look good together,I'm not about to lie about that."Lucas says and Candace exhales again.

"Thank you. I'm trying to move on,are you still taking a break from your girlfriend?The blogs are your tail too."

"Love is something else. I'm taking a break from it. You know,work on my music and dance."

"That's good... I have privacy now. What's going on?"

"You have two people who are trying to make your life a disaster. They are also going for Molemo."

"Woah. You have a good IT guy,I honestly would have never thought of that."

"Remember, whoever hurts you,hurts me too. What do you want me to do with it?"

"Delete it, obviously dummy."Candace rolls her eyes while she remembers Lucas's dark humour."Oh my gosh,Lucas."

"We could sell it,the next Kim Kardashian?"

"My dad would faint."

"You would have a legacy."

"You and this crazy obsession with Kim Kardashian."Candace replies and she rolls eyes.

"Go enjoy dinner with Benjamin, we have taken it down. Tell him I said,he has a queen when he has you,he should treat you right or else I'll ride the next flight to Paris."Lucas says causing Candace to laugh."Bye my caramel chocolate."

"Oh- Lucas?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry for blaming you for the video being out."

"It's okay. Bye."

"Bye-bye."Candace exhales and looks into space blankly.

Benjamin comes to the bedroom to check on her and he exhales as he bends down.

He caresses her cheek and she closes her eyes, allowing her to cry."He did do something wrong?"Benjamin asks since he didn't stay to overhear the conversation since he finds that very rude anyways.

"He managed to remove it and says someone is out to get us-Molemo and I."Candace wipes her tears away and Benjamin looks at her.

"I wonder who the fuck this is. I hope they don't find my videos."Benjamin mumbles the last part and Candace furrows her eyebrows.

"You also have some things?"

"Yeah,I made sure to delete everything except from my cloud so that will be another situation on it's own."

"We honestly have to be careful now,more than ever."Candace mumbles and Benjamin nods his head.

"I won't make you do anything you don't want and I'm sorry you went through that especially now."Benjamin says,holds her cheek and caresses her cheek."I promise."

"Thank you...are you still willing to hear more about me?"

"Definitely. I'm sure the food is cold now."Benjamin whispers and carries Candace out of the room.

He puts her down,while he reheats the food and she takes her huge portrait. She turns to make eye contact with Benjamin and while he waits for the for to finish reheating.

"My name is Candace Bonolo Mokwena,which Bonolo means Ease. I'm a pedi and Sotho hun. I'm nineteen but turning twenty this year in the 22nd of May,so I'm both Taurus and Gemini. I went to a public school for preschool and primary school but went to a private school for highschool and that is when I met my two exes and best friend, Molemo."Candace explains and Benjamin nods his head.

"My dad is who I look up to,my mom is a complicated person to me so I don't have much of a relationship with her and I have a young brother who I love so much. I'm studying business development while I'm an influencer and also tiktoker."

"Any hobbies?"

"I did athletics and hockey. I'm starting to enjoy reading and writing poetry."

"Do you see yourself moving anytime soon?"

"I'm moving to England with my dad and young brother. I'm looking to make more connections this side also before it's Easter holidays."Candace explains and Benjamin sits down with the pizza and puts it on the table.

"All I know is I want you closer to me because wow. Your energy,girl. I need more positivity in my life."

"Well,I'm coming with that...your turn now."She says as he gets up and she sits down to eat pizza and listen to him talk about his life.