Twenty

They get to the hotel room,she goes to the room and Benjamin sighs when he hears the door locking

He locks the door, enters into the kitchen,opens the small fridge and takes a bottle of water.

He twists the cap off,drinks a large gulp of water and decides to order some food and beverages.

He closes the bottle of water and puts it on the countertop. He walks to the bedroom to go check on Candace,the door swings open before he could knock.

"Oh,are you okay?"He asks while looking at Candace who changed into a black matching bra and panty which is covered by a silk gown.

"No I'm not. The journalist,I want to sue her."Candace says causing him to widen his eyes."I know what she was trying to say, actually,do you have a problem with the colour of my skin?"Candace asks and Benjamin furrows his eyebrows.

"You can't be serious."

"Well,I am."She furrows and folds her arms. He holds her waist and pulls her closer to him causing her to bite her lip but then looks away.

Benjamin holds her chin and tilts her face so she can look at him. She keeps her eyes down, Benjamin shakes his head and chuckles.

"Look at me, Candace."He commands her and she immediately looks up."I don't see your colour,okay. I see a beautiful young woman who I want to get to know. I am looking at how your heart is and what makes you smile often."He says and she bites her lip.

A knock is heard and Benjamin looks at her."Room service!"

"Sit down so we can talk about this."He says in a stern tone and she nods her head.

He turns to get the food and she walks to sit on the couch as Benjamin takes the tray in and tips the lady.

He sets the two plates on the table and drinks next to the plates."This is okay,right?"

"Mhm."She says and they start to eat."My mom used to tell me how ugly I am because of how my skin tone is. She's lighter than me and so is my brother. I took my dad's skin tone and I felt so horrible. I was even think of skin lightening."Candace explains before takes a forkful of her rice and beans along with mince.

"Please tell me you don't want to lighten your skin, Candace."Benjamin says while looking at Candace and she shakes her head.

"I told Molemo and she told me to embrace how I am. Regardless of how I am,I should embrace my true self because nobody will be like me. I want to embrace my true self."Candace says,looks at Benjamin who cannot keep his eyes off him.

He rubs his hair,puts down his plate and holds Candace."Come here."Benjamin helps her to sit on his lap and she continues to eat."I love you the way you are Candace. God didn't make a mistake,you are made in his image,okay?Please don't lighten your skin because of some stupid journalist or even someone close to you. You are extraordinarily beautiful."Benjamin says and Candace quickly wipes her tears and he kisses her cheek.