Sixteen

Two weeks later

Two weeks later

6:33p.m.

She zips the fur jacket she is wearing and puts her hand in the pocket of the jacket.

She was nervous about this first date, Benjamin organised a painting date at his hotel room that is still in Paris. He still enjoying his time in Paris and wants it to last forever.

She looks enters the hotel lobby and sees him looking towards the  hotel entrance.

She looks around and their eyes look at each as she stands there. He smiles, walking towards her with his hands in his pockets and she smiles back.

He reaches her,puts his arm around his waist and she grins as she wraps her arms around his neck.

"Glad you made it."He whispers,kisses her cheek causing her to feel her cheeks heat up."You look so so beautiful."Benjamin compliments her black leggings,white fur jacket, gloves and her brown Timberland heel boots.

"Thanks. You smell so good."

"You know Bleu De Chanel?"Benjamin asks and Candace shakes her head."That is it"

"Ohhhh so that is your favourite."

"No. Tom Ford is my favourite."He replies as he holds her waist and lends her to his hotel."What's your favourite perfume?"

"Yves Saint Laurent’s Libre Eau de Parfum. Which Tom Ford cologne would you prefer through?"Candace asks as she enters the room first and takes around to see Benjamin biting his bottom.

"Tom Ford Noir...let me take your jacket."

"Of course... thanks."Candace says seeing Benjamin taking her bag and jacket to his room.

She rubs her hand on her leggings which she is wearing black pantyhose and one extra leggings.

The cold in Europe is worst then she thought it will be,she looks around the room and exhales heavily.

She looks around the place,seeing the paintbrush and boards on the huge black coffee table. There is a platter of snacks for them and a tray of pizza.

"I tried to be as creative as I can be for this first date."Benjamin folds his arms,looking at her and she smiles while she is rubbing her hands on her arms.

"It's the effort that counts. It always restaurants and bars whenever I go on dates,a little change doesn't hurt anyone."

"Of course. This way mademoiselle."Benjamin says,puts his hand out and Candace takes it. Benjamin helps her to sit on the couch and he follows after."Here are your own colours and brushes."

"What do you what us to paint?"

"Yourself and then write a few things about yourself. Make it interesting."He explains and she nods her head.

She decides to take a pillow and kneels on it."I think this is my comfortable spot."

"Good,and there's alcohol and juice. Food is there if you are hungry."

"Okay. Shall we begin?"

"Whenever you are ready."Benjamin says and she takes the paintbrush and starts to paint herself.

••••

She looks at the painting and nods her head pleased with herself.

She takes a slice of pizza, waiting for the painting to dry before she starts to add details of her life.

She checks her wristwatch and sees it's already eight at night.

She looks up to see how Benjamin is handling everything and he seems to be horrible at painting but it's the effort that counts,right?

He rinses the paintbrush as well and turns to see Candace eating. He takes a piece of mango and pops it in his mouth.

"Done?"

"Painting?Yes. Writing?No."

He nods his head and continues to chew as he stares at her.

She tied her afro into an afro puff and did her edges. Her lips have her matte brown lipstick from Fenty and her makeup was light.

She turns to look at him staring and they keep eye contact."Are you okay?"

"How are you this beautiful and cool?"He whispers and she smiles."Your smile, God only knows what it is doing to me."

"There's nothing more to do than to smile. I had more sad times than happy ones so why not enjoy the moment."Candace explains and he puts his hand on her thigh.

"And continue to do that. Can I be the reason why you smile like that?"

"I am lost,what are you asking me."

"Be my girlfriend?"He squeezes his eyes shut, afraid that she'll regret him and she bites her lip.

She stands up straight and kneels to him."Why are you closing your eyes?Open them."

"Not until you tell me,you are my girlfriend."

"Okay,I will be your girlfriend."She answers him and he opens his eyes.

Benjamin is seated while Candace is between his legs and they smile. She smiles seeing him happy and she presses her forehead with his forehead.

She pulls away from that position and he bites his lip seeing her walk back to her section. She starts to writes about everything and anything that could come into mind about herself.

Benjamin's phone vribrates as he is about to continue to write about himself.

He opens the contact's message thread and what he sees is shocking.

Candace furrows her eyebrows,turns around and sees Benjamin looking at her.

"When was this?"Benjamin asks and shows her the sex video that an anonymous sent him.

"He did not!"Candace bites her lip that keeps trembling and tears start to wail up.

It was a sex video she sent to her boyfriend who was in Matric when she was in grade 10.

How did it come out?

"Oh my gosh,I need air."She mumbles, getting up from the floor and walks to the bathroom with his phone.

She locks the door and slides down on the door and she starts to cry.

After so many years,why now??!!