Twenty-three

OR Tambo international airport|South Africa 🇿🇦|5:33pm

"So where are we right now?"Stacey asks and Candace smiles as Stacey looks around.

"In Johannesburg."Candace answers while the Uber drives to Molemo's home.

She asked her father to stay there since her friend,Stacey is coming to visit and thankfully the father agreed to the three of them sleeping there since he is in Mexico and then goes to Spain for business meetings.

The car stops in front of a beautiful house.

"Wow."Stacey says with widen eyes and Candace smiles."Low-key reminds me of some houses back in America."

"Deja vu just hit you?"Candace asks and Stacey laughs as they push the bags towards the door and Molemo pays for the Uber.

She reaches the girls as she stops pushing her suitcase and takes her keys out.

She unlocks the door as she opens it and goes in first.

"Welcome to the Khumalo household."She says and Stacey looks around, smiling as she sees a family collage on the wall.

Stacey looks around as she smiles and finally making eye contact with a photo of a woman and a man.

"I see dad brought the photo back."Molemo whispers and Candace rubs her shoulder.

"Mom?"Stacey asks and Molemo nods her head."She's beautiful. I see where you get your eyes."She says and Molemo smiles more.

"Thank you,let me show you where your room is."Molemo says and the two girls follow her upstairs after she locks the door.

"Momo!"Her young sister, Amanda appears from her room and she hugs her.

"Hey,when did you come back?"Molemo asks as she caresses her cheek.

"Two hours ago."Amanda says as she plays with Molemo's hair."You are so pretty."She says, looking at Stacey."And you too Candace."

"Thank you baby."Candace replies as she hugs Amanda and kisses her forehead.

"And mina(and me)?"Stacey asks, causing Molemo and Candace to look at her.

"Not you speaking Zulu."Candace says and Stacey laughs. Amanda hugs her and she smells."Where is the room, Molemo,I really need to sleep."Stacey says and Molemo shows her where they will be sleeping.

"Candace will share with me bedroom."

"Why don't we have a girls' sleepover in here."Stacey says and the girls look at her.

"We don't want to invade your private."Candace tells her and Stacey just laughs.

"We are friends guys,come on."Stacey says and the girls nod their heads."I like how you respect my boundaries but please don't make me the old Stacey who used to be always closed off and always thinking about what a man is thinking right now."Stacey says and she tilts her face."Okay?"

"Mkay."Candace says and opens her arms to hugs Stacey.

Stacey opens her arms and prompts Molemo to join in the hug.

A few hours later, Molemo and Candace are seated in the kitchen as they drink juice and eat hamburgers that Stacey made since it was one of her carvings.

Stacey decided to cook for everyone and worried about eleven years old, Amanda.

"I forgot to tell you something,I had a dream."Candace says and Molemo furrows her eyebrows.

"What was it about?"Molemo asks before taking a bite of her burger which had an egg,patty,cheese and bacon.

She moans as the juices of the patty and bacon hit her tongue and the egg melts into her mouth.

"You and food."Candace laughs and she burst out laughing."The dream,focus."

"I dreamt of Sumaya and Lerato in a corner while typing on laptops while I then saw our profile images and it was like they were commenting negative comments but had thousands of accounts commenting those words."Candace explains the dream before eating her burger.

"What is Justin saying?"Molemo asks and Candace just shurgs her shoulders."Those words that Sumaya said still ring in my head."

"What did she say?"They turn around, seeing Stacey and she has her curls tied up.

"This is not over,bitch."Candace tells her and Stacey rubs her eyes."Who is Sumaya, Stacey?"

"She's nothing but a manipulating liar and jealous girl."Stacey says as she looks at Molemo."Where are the glasses?"

"In that cupboard."Molemo points to the cupboard on top and Stacey opens it.

"She was raised by a single father,her mother left her when she was four years old,this is what she told me. Her interests other than swimming is everything to do with computers."Stacey says as she drinks the water and pours some more.

"And maybe that is why Lerato seems to also be in this whole thing. Isn't she like jealous of you, Molemo?"Candace asks and Molemo nods her head.

"Since my mom passed away."Molemo whispers enough for Stacey and Candace to hear her.

Her phone vribrates and sees a message from an unknown number.

Unknown

Looking beautiful in that dress.

She turns around, looking outside the window and sees nothing.

She furrows her eyebrows and Candace looks at her."What's wrong?"

"Someone knows where I live."She says and shows Candace.

"What the hell?"Candace mumbles and remembers a message she got last weekend."I also got a threatening message."Candace says and quickly takes her phone out.

Unknown

See you in SA, beautiful.

"How do we get to Cape Town,guys?"Stacey asks and Molemo exhales."We shouldn't have come here."

"No,this is home so I am not about to allow someone ruin the week ahead for us,we fight them back."Molemo says and decides to call the person.

"Hello."A female voice answers and Molemo drops it.

"Send the number to Justin."Molemo says as she sends the number to Candace and Candace smirks.

"Yes miss detective."Candace says causing the two ladies to laugh and she sends it to Justin.

Molemo's phone vribrates and she switches it on.

Unknown

You ain't all that by the way.

I guess I'm more than you would know 😘

She scoffs and then switches off her phone.