chapter 5 - taking you back

Being a waiter is a challenging occupation for numerous individuals, as it requires exhibiting substantial levels of patience and maintaining a cheerful countenance despite encountering exceedingly impolite customers.

"That blonde ass bitch." Jungwon cursed as he tightly gripped the fork, while Jake awkwardly chuckled and entered the kitchen carrying a tray of uneaten food.

The head chef noticed that Jungwon was annoyed by the customers, which caused her to release a slight chuckle. "That's simply how customers behave, Jungwon. It would be satisfying if we could slam a tray full of drinks in their faces," she remarked, causing the other kitchen staff to chuckle.

She observed that the atmosphere in the kitchen was incredibly burdensome and strained, prompting her to uplift everyone's spirits by cracking jokes, which greatly aided in improving the situation.

Jake smiled slightly when he observed the chef's efforts to maintain everyone's energy. He considered it a display of true professionalism as he stored the remaining food and placed the used dishes in the sink.

Jungwon moved past his phase of irritation and began gathering the food that was ready to be served to the customers. Taking a deep breath, he walked out of the kitchen with a confident demeanor.

Jake smiled upon witnessing his friend’s swift recovery. While Jake was fulfilling his internship duties, Jungwon was working to earn money for hiring an additional lawyer for his legal situation.

"New orders coming in!"

The sounds of plates being placed on the counter and the lingering smells of food filled the air. Jake could feel himself salivating from the enticing aroma.

Jungwon returned to the kitchen with a sinister smile, swiftly picking up the plates and placing them on the tray.

Let's say, they are working diligently as waiters at the new company.

—🦋—

The man in the suit informed the purple-haired male, "Sir, he has recently been hired at the SN company. It seems like he has been hired specifically for the role of a waiter." The purple-haired male crossed his arms and let out a sigh.

Heeseung clenched his teeth and fists and ordered the man in the suit in front of him, "Try and contact Seonmin for a meeting, requesting it to be only between me and him," The man in the suit looked at him with surprise.

The man in the suit cleared his throat and asked, "Are you sure, sir? Won't it be a hassle? Let's just order Iseul—" However, Heeseung abruptly interrupted the man by standing up angrily and slamming both of his hands on the table.

The purple-haired CEO, with piercing eyes, declared, "Who do you think you are, ordering me? This meeting is private between me and that foolish CEO. I will reclaim what rightfully belongs to me." He expressed immense anger towards the present circumstances.

Heeseung had a poor connection with the CEO of the SN company, but he was willing to go to any lengths to regain the services of the illustrator. Although he could find alternative individuals to finish the design, based on the sketch he observed, he could envision a brighter future for the company.

"Seonmin hired him solely as a waiter," Heeseung scoffed and crossed his arms, stating, "That moron is oblivious to the abilities of Sim Jaeyun, which is a good thing."

His lips gradually formed a smirk as he declared, "With Sim Jaeyun joining us, our company's brilliance will only intensify." Smirking further, he spun around to face the expansive window, beholding the cities and malls that were all under his ownership.