chapter 21 - talk

Everything was a lie.

Jake was currently at a hotel because, after his parents and his 'friends' told him the truth about their relationships and families, he was disgusted.

He was born into a family that would do anything for money, and by anything, I mean absolutely anything, including killing and injuring people. He was deeply disgusted by their actions and, in that moment, he could not bear to see their faces. Filled with anger, he decided to retreat to a hotel.

After everything that had occurred, he no longer cared about graduating. Those years had simply been a futile endeavor. Additionally, how could he fail to detect something peculiar at an earlier stage?

Jungwon possessed remarkable strength and effortlessly defeated others. Ni-ki had an air of mystery and incessantly vanished from his view, seemingly to unknown destinations.

He couldn't muster the courage to open his phone and read their messages. He was unable to comprehend how he had succumbed to their deceit after all these years. Additionally, he despised his ignorance of the warning signs.

A few weeks ago, the attack that caused him to immediately go to the hospital, nearly resulted in him losing the ability to walk. This attack, coming from another clan, family or whatever you want to call it. It was completely stupid and bullshit. Everything was completely bullshit.

And evidently, Jake was their target, resulting in the injury of everyone he knew due to his existence.

Not only that, Jungwon made a foolish decision by bringing Jake to the fight as he was the primary target for other families. These families had intentions of kidnapping him and demanding ransom money from his parents.

Until now, Jake had never wanted to be unborn.

He simply desired a regular life, where he could wake up, pursue his internship, and graduate, like ordinary individuals.

However, everything was now ruined after he discovered the truth. Therefore, all the years he spent at the university were a deception; it was simply the foolish pills he consumed that led his mind to fabricate nonexistent narratives.

The true version of him was deeply affected by trauma and depression, existing in a state of constant distress and anguish. He felt devoid of any emotions or vitality within himself, as a result of the deceitful influence from the medication and the people he had placed his trust in.

The fake Jake had been painted by his parents, friends, and the effects of the stupid pills. He despised his own inability to recall any details about his sister; in fact, he couldn't even recognize her appearance anymore. His perception of everything had become blurry and uncertain.

Jake, gripping his hair, curled up into a ball while leaning his back against the bedframe. Tears streamed down his cheeks as he rested his forehead on his knees, his frustration evident in his continued hair-gripping.

He was extremely frustrated and enraged. His only desire was to have a regular life, not one filled with deceit. He longed to wake up in a typical manner, unaware of his past as a twin sister. He yearned for everything to return to its former state of normalcy.

Wow, he was incapable of even falling in love with someone. That someone, coincidentally, was someone whom his mother strongly despised. It was hard for him to comprehend that he was going to discuss Lee Heeseung with his mother, unaware of their animosity.

The mere thought of Lee Heeseung made Jake's heart ache. Heeseung informed him that he had fallen in love with the girl who was carrying his child, and coincidentally, that girl turned out to be his twin sister.