chapter 9 - mama pt.2

"I'm a mother... I'm a mother? I'm a mother."

Jake was completely shocked. He clasped both of his hands together and rested his forehead on them, biting his bottom lip as he repeated the same sentence, "I'm a mother," in his mind repeatedly.

He was sitting next to Ian, who was being fed ice creams by Ni-ki, who was happily willing to do so. It was evident that he loved kids, and it was clear that Ian had already captured his heart completely.

After this, he had plans to kidnap Ian.

"Say ah!" Ni-ki smiled widely when Ian obediently complied, opening his mouth for Ni-ki to feed him the ice cream.

Ian had ceased crying after Jake made a promise to buy him ice cream, and in a mere instant, the child halted his tears and beamed at him.

"Oh my god, you're so adorable!" Ni-ki set down the cup of ice cream and began to pinch Ian's cheeks, embracing him and everything. He immediately fell in love with Ian's adorableness as the young boy continued to giggle at Ni-ki's actions.

Jake appeared extremely confused, as if all the color had drained from his body. Overwhelmed with shock, he struggled to recall his actions from the past few years, to the extent that a young child was actually referring to him as their mother.

If he was the father and had impregnated a woman, shouldn't the child refer to him as "papa" or something instead of "mom"?

However, how was he able to impregnate someone when he has never even dated a girl? While many girls were attracted to him, he turned them all down.

So, it seems that simply looking at attractive people can have the potential to cause pregnancy in girls.

That was a joke, please don't take it too seriously.

"Oh my god, I'm a mother now." Jake released a tired sigh, as he contemplated the recent events that had unfolded during his time at the Lee Company, leading him to believe that the company had become a source of misfortune for him.

Despite sitting at the same table, these three individuals exuded distinct vibes. Jake appeared dejected, whereas Ian and Ni-ki were lively and seemed to be enjoying themselves in a whimsical ice cream wonderland.

Ian noticed Jake's expression out of the corner of his eye. The little boy turned his gaze towards Jake as Ni-ki, who had been feeding him ice cream in a playful airplane manner, stopped midway. Ni-ki observed the little kid looking at Jake with a dejected expression, which made him chuckle softly and set down the cup.

Ian blinked and placed his hand on Jake's lap, attempting to capture his attention. However, Jake was immersed in deep contemplation regarding his present circumstances, reflecting on the moments where he may have made mistakes in life and the instance when he lost his virginity.

Ni-ki observed that the young child was attempting to attract Jake's attention, so he cleared his throat and intentionally tapped the ice cream cup, which promptly grabbed Jake's attention.

Jake ceased resting his head on his palm and shifted his gaze towards Ni-ki. "What?" he inquired wearily, his eyes fixed on Ni-ki, who quickly glanced at Ian, still persistently attempting to capture Jake's attention.

Jake quickly turned to Ian who was still tapping on his lap, as he immediately understood the sign. He tiredly smiled at the little boy and apologized, saying, "Oh sorry Ian, I didn't notice that you were calling for me." Ian stopped tapping his lap as the older boy apologized.

Ian glanced at his hand before speaking. "I'm sorry, mama," he mumbled, which made Jake tilt his head and regard the child with confusion.

"What for?" Jake asked.