chapter 11 - wrapped around his little fingers

"Oh? You've finished designing the logo?"

Heeseung appeared quite amused as he noticed one of his eyebrows lift when Jake disregarded the need to knock on his office door. Instead, Jake entered abruptly, as if the office belonged to him.

"No, but I'm here to talk about something else." Jake sat on the chair situated on the office table, positioned directly in front of Heeseung. The CEO tilted his head, scanning Jake's face in an attempt to decipher his thoughts, but failed.

"You're being quite casual with me," Heeseung sighed and rolled his eyes, as any amusement he had towards Jake suddenly disappeared. However, he was impressed by Jake's boldness.

"What? It's not like you have the audacity to fire me, right?" Jake confidently stated, fully aware of the impact it would have on the CEO with purple hair. Heeseung clicked his tongue, acknowledging that Jake was correct.

He couldn't fire Jake simply because he still required that design. The design was his utmost priority at that time, and dismissing Jake would result in an immediate loss for him.

Heeseung let out a sigh and stared directly into Jake's eyes. "Alright, what is it that you want?" He clicked his tongue and inquired, causing Jake's lips to immediately form a smile as he tilted his head.

"Apologize to your sister."

Heeseung's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he gazed at Jake. "What do you mean by that?" After hearing the response, Jake let out a sigh and rose from the chair.

"Iseul informed me about everything yesterday. I discovered that you and Iseul are siblings." Jake observed Heeseung's reaction and noticed a slight twitch in his purple hair male's eyes when the woman was mentioned.

"Although she was concerned about you, you decided to worsen the situation." The black-haired male scoffed and forcefully placed both palms on the table, gradually leaning towards Heeseung. Heeseung's chin was supported by his palm, his eyes fixed on Jake's, finding amusement in watching him.

Heeseung found Jake's demeanor in this situation to be quite appealing. Witnessing Jake reprimand him in such a manner brought about a sense of familiarity.

"Iseul is a genuinely kind person, and I can sense her resilience," Jake stated, pausing momentarily and giving Heeseung a stern gaze.

"However, your words deeply wounded her. There is no greater pain than receiving hateful comments from the person you love." He continued, gradually leaning closer towards Heeseung.

Heeseung lazily gazed at Jake, his lip curling up into a slight smirk. "I enjoy it when you scold me. Despite being the boss, you have the boldness to come here and demand that I apologize to my sister," he remarked, releasing a soft chuckle.

Jake's eye twitched slightly as he stepped back and released a frustrated sigh. He pinched the bridge of his nose and turned his gaze to Heeseung. He said, "If you don't discuss it with Iseul, I won't create your foolish logo." This threat caused Heeseung's faint smile to disappear rapidly.

Heeseung rolled his eyes and leaned back on the office chair, saying, "Alright, I will have a conversation with her. Geez..." He sighed and made a gesture of surrender as Jake smiled triumphantly.

"Make sure to apologize for it. Apologize because you know you're wrong and do not apologize because of me."

Afterward, Jake confidently left the office with his head held high, whereas Heeseung demonstrated his frustration through groaning and leaning back in his office chair.

Heeseung clicked his tongue and subsequently ran his hand through his fluffy purple hair. Following that, he clasped his palms together and directed his gaze towards the ceiling.