chapter 12 - destiny

It was now the following day for Jake. Once again, he found himself in the printer room, printing the sketches of his logo. It seemed that he had to work overtime now, as Yeji informed him that Xia, the CEO's 'girlfriend', had taken an unusually long break of two to three weeks.

He waited for the printing to finish while enjoying the song playing on the radio. He did some dance moves that matched the rhythm of the song. Jake, Ni-ki, and Jungwon were all members of a band during their high school years. Additionally, they also had a dance studio in the past.

Abruptly, the sound of knocks startled Jake, pulling him out of his own thoughts. He swiftly looked back to find Iseul, her hair flowing freely, gently tapping on the ajar door. A cheerful grin adorned her face.

Jake's lips transformed into a smile when Iseul spoke, asking, "Jaeyun, what are you doing?" She entered the printer room and positioned herself beside Jake.

"Oh, I'm just printing some of my sketches. It'll make it easier for me to compare them," Jake clarified, lifting the printed sketch from the tray.

Iseul cooed and nodded in acknowledgement. She then smiled at Jake and asked, "Jaeyun, would you like to join me for a break later?" This question caught Jake off guard.

He blinked rapidly and smiled awkwardly at Iseul. "Are you sure-" His sentence was interrupted by Iseul. "Of course. You could also bring your friend, Ni-ki. I simply want to get along with you guys," she explained, expanding on her initial question.

Jake pursed his lips and nodded slowly. "Alright then. I understand, but Ni-ki decided to take a day off today due to his fever," he explained while uncomfortably rubbing the back of his neck.

Iseul chuckled and shook her head, saying, "Then, it's alright. It will be just the two of us." This statement made Jake blink in confusion, but he still nodded.

"Just head to the 13th floor. That's where my office is." This revelation further shocked and confused Jake, but it made sense since Iseul was Heeseung's older sister. It was expected for her to have her own floor and office.

"Alright, I'll go during my break," Jake replied with a smile, causing Iseul to mentally celebrate.

"See you later!"

-🦋-

Jungwon never would have thought that the CEO himself would kick out his own 'girlfriend' from the company cafe. He stood there in shock, as did the others, as it was the first time they had seen him outside of his office.

All of them were shocked by his visuals. The turtleneck, blazer, accessories - everything seemed highly expensive. Additionally, there were two male bodyguards positioned behind him, further enhancing the sense of opulence.

The CEO let out a sigh and turned towards Jungwon, who had his clothes soaked in hot coffee. However, Jungwon was so shocked that he didn't even realize the red burn on his wrist was caused by the coffee.

Earlier, the girl, who asserted that she was the CEO's 'girlfriend', tossed the hot coffee at Jungwon just as the CEO was leaving the company for a meeting. Coincidentally, he witnessed the incident before the girl could fabricate any falsehoods.

The girl did this because the coffee tasted bitter to her. However, it was not Jungwon's fault as he was not the one responsible for making it. He was merely the one serving the drink to the customers.

"Are you okay?"

The CEO's voice sounded extremely gentle as he stood in front of Jungwon, who snapped out of his little reverie. He appeared highly concerned.