The Window

Caine: Well, my dear, wasn't that a wonderfully exciting act?

It was just after a small act for their usual show. Caine had summoned Pomni for the finale, which was sure to stupefy the "audience".... However, the act left Pomni traumatized and standing in place, shaking like a leaf and her pupils shifting into scribbles with several knives sticking into her body.

Caine: ....Well, I think we both have something to learn from that experience.

Pomni: I... I think I'm bleeding internally....

Caine: Oh, silly Pomni! Nobody can bleed in the Digital Circus! Now, how about you head to your room for a nice long rest?

Despite still trembling from the shock, Pomni proceeded to saunter off to her room, the knives disappearing with a snap of Caine's fingers. As she makes it to the hall containing her bedroom, Pomni spots Ragatha approaching.

Ragatha: Hey, did the show go okay?

Pomni: I.... I don't really want to talk about it, Ragatha.

Ragatha: Was it knives? Did he use the knives?

Pomni: ....*sighs* Yes.

Ragatha: Yeah, he uh... He did it my first time, too. You should've seen what he did to Zooble. We kept finding their pieces lying around for months.

Ragatha said this with a chuckle, eliciting a small smile and even a giggle from the jester.

Pomni: Well, I'm uh.... I'm going to relax for a while.

Ragatha: Alright then. Well.... I'll see you later then.

Pomni: Yeah... You too.

With that, Ragatha left for her own door while Pomni opened hers, cringing at the miserable looking portrait of herself before shutting it behind her.

—----------------------------------------------

Inside Pomni's room, the girl in question sighed in (mental) exhaustion as she slipped out of her pointed shoes, revealing her feet to be cartoonish flat limbs resembling the shape of her shoes, the same color as her skin and missing any toes.

Seeing as she was alone and all the other times she had been in her room was either "sleeping" or she was despondent to the digital world around her, Pomni explored her room herself. The room was taller than it was wide, but that could've been due to her new height. It had a blue and red color scheme, much like her own outfit. It seemed more befitting of a child, complete with a toy box, a little couch, a bed that... was strangely empty, along with a dresser, changing screen, and wardrobe.

Pomni: How did I never notice that my bed was barren this whole time?

Curious, she walked over to the dresser, complete with 2 drawers on the left side, a large door on the right, and a mannequin head atop it. She opened the top drawer, which held small white cubes within. Upon taking one out, it poofed, expanding into a pillow.

Pomni: What the...?

She picked another one up at random. Same thing. Pillow. Upon opening the second drawer, she saw it was filled with small red and blue rags. Once she took one of them out, it expanded into a rather large blanket, just like the pillows. She had noticed the blanket was soft and had some sort of weight to it, like a feather blanket mixed with a weighted one.

Opening the door on the other side of the dresser, it looked like Pomni opened a mini fridge. The cabinet was stocked with small snacks and many, Many identical bottles. Curious, she took one of the bottles out and opened before taking a sip, her eyes widening in surprise and.... Familiarity?