Dance Of Masks

Just like any other day in the Circus, the troupe had gathered on the main stage. However, instead of the usual theme song going on, Bubble floated into sight, a horn balanced into the corner of his mouth. Taking a deep breath, Bubble began playing a fanfare from the horn to get everyone's attention.

Pomni: Why is Bubble playing a horn?

Ragatha: Must be something big happening.

Zooble: That, or something really annoying...

Caine then teleports into sight in a poof, addressing the characters as they stood while Bubble kept playing.

Caine: Ladi-

However, he's interrupted by Bubble's squeaked high note on the trumpet, causing Caine to slowly turn his head to Bubble and take the trumpet, causing a series of off-key noises before he uses the horn to pop Bubble, allowing him to continue.

Caine: Ladies and gentlemen!... And any pronoun Zooble defines as today.

Zooble: Better.

Caine: Due to a recent event which I shall not name, I have decided I need to keep everyone here extra occupied for the foreseeable future to avoid any further incidents... So! I have another event for you all, focused on teamwork, communication, physical activity, and bonding!

A chorus of groans, mostly from Zooble and Jax, resounded out at his enthusiastic suggestion, but he paid it little mind.

Caine: Don't be like that now, it'll be fun! Now! If I could get a drum roll please...

He then waves his cane, summoning a set of drums that proceed to play themselves.

The repetitive sound held, building up the tension for an agonizingly long time while the group stared at him wordlessly.

Caine: I propose we have aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-

Bubble: *pops back into existence* Dance contest!

Caine: ...*annoyed* I need a new assistant.... But yes, we're going to have a dance competition. Winners will receive a prize of their choosing at the end! Everyone, partner up!

Zooble: Yeah, um.... F#*% that.

With a grumble, Zooble crossed their arms before limping away, leaving Caine dejected.

Caine: I should have expected that. Now we're at an odd number.

Kinger: Um, actually, Caine... I don't want to do it either. I'm just going to stay in my secret fortress.

Caine: Go ahead...

With the ringmaster's approval, Kinger slinked back into the shadows of his pillow fort until only his eyes were visible, then he shut the door with an unsettlingly audible sound for something made purely of feathers and fabric.

Jax: *shrugs* Eh, I got nothin' better to do. *smirks* I'm going to wipe the floor with you suckers.

Caine: Jax, this is a partnership! You need to pick somebody and you have to work together to win! And before anyone else can skip out....

He twirls his cane, forming circles around the 4 remaining characters, separating them into duos.

Caine: Ragatha, Jax, you're Team RJ. Pomni, Gangle, you're Team PG.

Ragatha: Uh.... Can I swap?

Caine: No.

Gangle: *nervous* But, I... I was going to hang out with Kinger...

Caine: Sorry to disappoint, Gangle, but Pomni needs a partner. Besides, it would be nice to see you two develop a sort of bond with one another.

Pomni: I know this seems weird, Gangle, but think of this as a way to get back at Jax for breaking your comedy mask. Besides, it... COULD be a little fun.