One

Nunew Chawarin have been training to debut as a singer. He has been working hard for years now. But just as he thought he would be debuting soon, COVID happened. Everything halted. Everything was postponed. He was then yet again pushed back. He was already losing faith. Failure after failure just keep on pulling him down. Delays after delays make him grow tired and frustrated. He now feels stagnant. He begins to question if his decision to pursue music is the right choice. He starts to doubt his abilities. Can he really do this? Is this even worth it? These questions keep replaying in his mind.

He wanted some air. So even though wearing a mask is mandatory at the moment, he still decided to take a walk in the park at midnight. He cant sleep anyway, might as well clear his head. He sat in a well lit bench that overlooks the city. Its 12mn the city is still lit up and buzzing.
I guess COVID wont stop the world from turning. Well except for my world. Nunew thought to himself as he sighed.

He then noticed another man walking towards him. The man stopped by him and looked at him.
"Would you mind if I sat next to you? It's the only lit bench" the man with a deep voice said.

Nunew nodded and just moved to give them more space in between. He feels weird. He knows he should be afraid. It's midnight for god's sake. But for some reason, the other man's kind eyes feel calming for him. He looked at the man who was staring at the city lights

"This is usually my go to spot after having a shitty night" the man tells him.

"Oh. Sorry to take up your space" Nunew attempted to stand up but the man talked again and interrupted him

"I didnt mean that. Sorry. What I mean is you look like you've had a shitty night too. And sometimes, having a random stranger listen helps when you just want to off load. And besides, you look too young to be left alone." Zee tells him.

"Im 18" Nunew tells him in a matter of fact way

"Oh my bad, you just couldnt tell with the masks. Anyway, like I said, shitty nights work out when you off load. So, wanna tell your story to a random stranger?" The man looked at him as he asked

 So, wanna tell your story to a random stranger?" The man looked at him as he asked

Nunew looked in his eyes. There's something about them that he couldnt pinpoint. But for some strange reason, he found himself telling his story to him. His training, the delays, his failures, frustrations, even his insecurities. He managed to off load everything to a random stranger.

The man looked at him and nodded along. When he was finished, the man looked at the city lights again.
"You know, life sometimes will give you inconveniences. But those waiting periods can be worth it. It's like in cooking. You cant rush things when you cook. You have to do them step by step. You have to be patient and wait for it to be done. An undercook food is not tasty. If you wait patiently, you are sure to have a very nice and delicious meal that you can savor all you want." The man told him

"But is it worth it? What if it ended up that the dish im waiting for is for somebody else, not mine. Should I just order another dish?" Nunew asked

"Well its up to you, do you think the other dish will satisfy you? Will it make you happy like the one you initially ordered? What if the chef is just taking his time to make it perfect for you? These are the questions you need figure out yourself" the man said to him.