Forty Three

It was already almost lunch time when Zee and Nunew woke up. I guess that "work out" session from last night did tire both of them out. It may also be the reason why Nunew woke up really really hungry. So Zee decided that they will eat out, it's a date day anyway.

They got ready and headed out. Nunew, this time, didnt even put on any hat or mask. He proudly walked the streets holding Zee's hand, smiling at everybody who recognizes him.

The good thing about living in a good community is that the people are very respectful. They smile when they see the two, they wave at them. Some would ask for a photo or two but they were never obstructive or intrussive. They let Zee and Nunew have their space and time together which the two appreciate so much.

Zee took Nunew to a small local cafeteria which in his opinion serves the best and most authentic thai food in town. Tourists may not be familiar with it and may look at is as too shabby but the locals consider it as their own hidden gem. This family ran cafeteria is owned by a sweet lovely old lady that is known by all the locals in the area. She is considered as one of the elders of the people and they respect her very much. In her place, everybody is the same. She doesnt care if you're rich or poor. Or popular or not. Once you enter her cafeteria, you're just a customer who wants to be fed. You're no different from anybody else dining there.

This is also the reason why, no matter how lovely and sweet she is, if you become rude and demand a special treatment just because you think you can, you will be kicked out and banned. It's one of the reasons why people in the area respect her the most.

Zee knew that Nunew is not fussy at all with food. He knows how much of a softie he is and how good his heart is. But he is still curious as to how he would react to the food and the cafeteria so he never said anything about it. And to Zee's delight, Nunew's lovable character became more apparent to everybody else.

 And to Zee's delight, Nunew's lovable character became more apparent to everybody else

The moment they reached the eatery, Nunew started looking excited. He didnt notice the shabby looking area, but his nose and the smell of the food made him jump with excitement.

Zee laughed when Nunew started to pull him in. The locals who are eating looked at Nunew wide eyed. Its not everyday that they see a celebrity eating here. Specially when that celebrity is with the shy and silent chef they have come to love.

Zee greeted the lady at the counter.
"Sawadee kha khun Hom" Zee greeted.

The lady looked at Zee and smiled
"Khun Zee! You're back!" Hom said

"Oh and you brought someone with you?" Hom looked at Nunew, who was busy looking at the food, teasingly

Zee shakes his head and pulled Nunew towards him

"I know you're really hungry, but meet Khun Hom. Khun Hom, meet Nunew" Zee said

"Hi! Im Nunew! And im really really loving the smell of food" Nunew smiled brightly which made Zee and Hom laugh.