Eleven

Boop.

Zee woke up to somebody poking his nose. When he opened his eyes, he was greetes with Nunew's big round ones.

"Nu. You're up" Zee sat up while he rubs his eyes.

"Sorry. I didnt mean to wake you up. You were so cute sleeping. I couldnt help but poke you." Nunew apologizes to him

"It's fine. Dont worry. How are you feeling?" Zee asked as he checks Nu

"Im all feeling better. All good now Hia" Nunew smiles at him

"That's good. Are you hungry? What time is it now?" Zee ask as he looks at his phone.

"It's 7am Hia." Nu tells him

"Are you hungry then?? Zee asks him again

"A bit." Nunew rubs his nape as he chuckles. His stomach then grumbles loud.

Zee giggles at him as he ruffles Nunew's hair.

"More like a lot. Come, I made Congee last night. I thought you might be hungry if you wake up. Let's heat up some for breakfast" Zee said as he stood up. He holds Nunew's right hand and pulled him to sit in the dining chair.

"Sit down here okay? I will heat up the food" Zee tells him before he takes out the congee and heat it up on the hob.

"Hia, thanks again for yesterday. And im really sorry for the trouble I caused." Nunew said to Zee.

Zee looked at him and smiled softly.
"It's really okay. Dont say sorry about it. Im actually glad that it happened when you were here with me. I couldnt even think what would have happened of it happened to you when you're alone" Zee tells him as he stirs the food

"It happens like that more than you expect. Specially with my work. I would always be on the road." Nunew looked down on his lap.

Zee placed the food in front of him and made Nunew look up.
"Well im always here to help you. You dont have to suffer alone" Zee tells him with a smile.

"Thanks Hia" Nunew said as he blushes.

"Eat as much as you want. That's ginger chicken congee with egg. That should be kind enough for your empty stomach" Zee said.

They ate in silence. But it didnt bother any of them. The silence plus their small glances to each other felt very comforting.

After eating Zee was about to clear up the dishes when Nunew stood up

"Hia i will dry the dishes. No buts. You cant do everything. Im not that disabled" Nunew tells him as he takes the dish towel.

"Alright. If you say so." Zee tells him as he starts washing the bowls.

"So what's your plan for today?" Zee asked

"Uhmmm. Nothing much. I want to continue doing some writing but Im just feeling lazy." Nunew tells him

"Didnt your boss know you're injured? They didnt extend your deadline?" Zee said as he dries his hands.

"They did. But I also dont want to delay it much longer. Finishing early means I get to have more free time" Nunew tells him.

They sat on the sofa as the continue to talk.

"Well do you want to come to the restaurant for lunch?" Zee asked

" You're not busy? I thought chefs start doing preparations hours before the restaurant opens" Nunew asked

"Well we start prep at 1:30. You can have lunch there and just sit in the restaurant while it's still empty. The boys already know you anyway. Maybe being out of your house will give you some inspiration on what to write" Zee tells him.