Epilogue

Zee sighed for the 10th time this morning. He was picking up and putting away endless things on the floor. He picked up Nunew's shoe and tried to look where the other one is. Amazingly, he found it underneath their sofa. How it went there, he doesnt know.

He stood up, dusted his knees and placed the pair beside a tiny pair of shoes.

"Lian Rawee Panich, you need to finish getting dressed sweetheart! Grandma and grandpa are waiting for us. I know you dont want to be late!" Zee shouted from the living room.

It's been 5 years since they got married and 3 since they have adopted Lian. Zee can still remember the first time he hugged the little girl.

Zee and Nunew went to Waan and hom's eatery for lunch one day. They found Waan comforting a young girl.

"Yaai, is everything okay?" Zee asked.

Waan looked at then and sat up.

"Oh its you too, its nice to see you." Waan said

"Im just trying to comfort this tiny little flower here. This is Lian Rawee, lian say hello to phis" Waan instructed her

"Hewow" the girl sadly said as she sniffles.

"Oh you sad little munchkin. Im Nunew. You can call me Phi nunu." Nunew kneeled down to her level so she'll be less scared.

"Doea the little lian want a hug? Hugs make people feel better" Nunew said as he opens his arms.

Lian looked at him hesitantly, Nunew gave her an encouraging nod and a small smile. The girl then turned and went into Nunew's arms and cried

"There, there. You can cry it all out sweetie. Phi will hold you." Nunew said as he carries the girl in his arms.

"What happened Yaai? Is she okay?" Zee asked as he glances at the girl.

"Not really, this girl just became an orphan. They live just down the street. Her parents died in a car accident and there is only her. They dont have any more relatives. She stays with me for the meantime but social services will come and get her tomorrow. They will place her in the system so she can be adopted." Zee and Nunew looked at each other as they sighed.

Poor kid. Losing her parents in such a young age
Zee thought.

"Lian, could phi put you down for a second? Phi just need to go to toilet and he'll come back and hug you again after" Nunew said but the girl shakes her head

"No" Lian hugged Nunew tighter.

"Okay why dont you go to Phi Zee instead then? Phi is a lot stronger than me, he gives better hugs" Nunew said.

Lian looked at Zee but almost immediately hugged nunew again

"No, phi is scary" lian said

Nunew laughed out loud at her statement.

"Lian, phi Zee is the most gentle and caring person. He just looks too serious. He's like a big dog to be honest. He's a husky that loves cuddles" Nunew told the girl as he puts her down.

Lian looked at Zee as he kneels down. Zee smiled softly at her. Lian slowly walked towards Zee and opened her arms for Zee.
He smiled at her and picked her up. Zee hugged lian as he rubs her back.

"Its okay, phi is here" Zee softly told her.

"you're warm" Lian said as he hugs Zee

"I am?" Zee asked

"Yeah, like my dad." She said which made Zee freeze and looked at Waan and Nu

"It feels nice" Lian said again as she burries her head in Zee's shoulder making Zee smile.