Chapter 46

Lexi's POV

I wake up on the couch some time in the night. I see Jake asleep on the floor. I wake him up and tell him he can sleep on the couch. I head I head to my room and see that it is only 11:00. I put on pajamas and go to sleep in my bed.

I am woken up 30 minutes later my mom. "Can you and Jake supervise the boys? They are making s'mores and then going to sleep in their blanket tent." she says.

"Sure." I say.

I go and wake Jake up we go down stairs and see Drew microwaving a marshmallow for 30 seconds. We also see it explode. I look at Jake then step in.

"Do not microwave marshmallows for more then 10 seconds." I say.

I get a wet paper towel and clean the microwave then make their s'mores. After they have put their pajamas on we send them to bed. Jake kisses me good night then goes to his house.

*********************************************************************************************

I wake up at 8 o'clock. I lay in bed for a minute then decide that I am hungry. I freshen up and then I go downstairs in my clothes which are black running shorts with white trim and a red tank top. I make a frozen chocolate chip waffle in the toaster. I put it on a plate the and chocolate syrup and whip cream. I need chocolate to survive this week(If you don't get that just look it up). I fold it in half and take a bit out of it like a taco. The chocolate syrup is dripping out of it."If you eat that every morning I'm surprised your aren't obese." I hear Liam say.

I stick my tongue out at him. He smirks. I continue to eat my breakfast. "That is so attractive." Jake says sarcastically.

"First Liam says he surprised I'm not obese. Then you say that this is unattractive. Do the Hawk boys hate me." I say dramatically.

By this point I have finished eating. I head upstairs to my bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. I then go to my room and watch Friday Night Lights while finding a comfortable position. I am half way through my 3rd episode when Jake knocks on my door. "Come in." I say.

"I'm sorry I irritated you.Will you forgive me?"

"Yes, but you have to get me a chocolate covered banana pop and Advil."

"Why"

"Just do it!"

"Ok" he says as he puts his hands up.

He goes to get the stuff I asked for and I go to the bathroom. Jake comes up stairs and waits for me in my room.I open my box of pads. There is one left. I open my tampon box. None. I put on my last pad then go out to my room.

I take the Advil and eat the banana pop. I then put on my shoes and socks. "I'm going to the store." I say.

"Can I come?"

"Sure."

I grab my car keys and head downstairs. "Behave. We'll be back soon" I say as we leave.

We drive to Target. I grab a basket and start shopping.  I grab some stuff for the pool and bug spray. I then go to the food section and get bananas and chocolate. I then go to the beauty section and get hair ties and midol teen and extra strength PMS midol. I then go to the feminine hygiene section. Jake stops."Come on." I say. I get 2 boxes of compact tampons, 2 boxes of regular pads, and 2 boxes of overnight pads. 

We then go to the checkout. It is an old lady thankfully. We pay for the stuff and leave. 

On the drive home it is quiet. When we are almost home Jake breaks the silence. "I wasn't expecting that."

"I thought about asking you to get that."

"No"

"That's what I thought."

We are home so I grab the bags and go inside. I take everything except the bananas to my room. I lay  on my bed and try to find 'the position'. Jake just stands there until I speak. "You can come over, but don't touch me, but you can come over." I say.

He looks confused so I show him Superwoman's Girls on their period part  1 and 2 on my phone because my laptop is to far away. His face was hilarious. I start crying. He looks scared. I stop almost right after he sees.

I send him to get me midol because I'm cramping. Liam and Drew come in and ask me what is wrong.

"I'm dyeing."

Jake comes back and sees them looking confused. "Don't ask." he says.

They leave the room and I go back to TV. Jake gives me  the medicine and chocolate. He stays quiet unless I talk to him and doesn't touch me.

When my mom comes home she makes us lunch. She was at the gym. She was asked to teach a summer course in person. In short she has to go up to the school. She has time to make us lunch and change.

"Let's go swimming." Drew says.

"Sure." I say.

I go upstairs and put on a black bikini bottom and a a purple top. I then go outside to meet the boys. They had already jumped in the pool. I put on music then dive into the deep end surprising Jake.

That is how the afternoon goes. An hour latter I decide to get out and suntan. Jake joins me and we talk. One of my favorite songs comes on and we get up and dance the boys laugh but join us.

For dinner we make hot dogs and hamburgers which we eat outside. After dinner we skate board. When it gets dark we start a fire and roast marshmallows. We decide to play a game where you sit in a circle around the fire one person says a few sentences then it goes to the next person. It continues until you stop.

At nine thirty Jake takes Liam home and we go to bed. This is exactly how I want the whole summer to be. I can't wait for my dad to come home on the fourth. It is going to be so much fun.

*****************************************************************************************************

for those of you that don't know

Physical and emotional symptoms you may have a week or two before your period are called premenstrual syndrome (PMS). These symptoms usually disappear within the first few days of your period. 

midol is medicine you take during your period for cramps.  

be sure to watch part one of the video.