Chapter 21

Lexi's POV

The rest of the week went by okay.

Jake came over every day and I read him a chapter or 2 of the book. It is now Friday afternoon and I'm waiting for Jake to come over. I want to have time to get ready for the race. Today is a bike race. I also need to tell them about the dance competition next month.

I get some snacks ready while I wait for him to get here.

The doorbell rings right as I'm finishing the snacks. Drew runs to get the door. I can't hear what he's saying because I'm listening to my iPod. I look up to see Jake and Liam at the kitchen table. I put the snacks on the table.

After they ate I cleared the dishes. Liam and Drew ran off. That leaves me and Jake.

"Do you know where my dump truck is?" Drew asks me.

"It was by the pool last time I saw it." I say.

"You have a pool." Jake and Liam say at the same time.

"Yeah and you can go swimming in it if you want." I say

They run out of my house to get there swimsuits. I go upstairs and put on a lifeguard bikini and rash guard I take off my fake glasses

I was just coming down stairs when they came in.

"Who are you and what did you do to the nerd?" Jake asks jokingly.

"Now I can't wear a bikini because I know you will stare at me." I say "Come on I'm the lifeguard. Jake don't pretend to be drowning because I will drown you if you do."

With that we go outside to the pool. After an hour the little ones go inside and I can finally swim. I walk over to the deep end and jump in. I swim over to Jake and drag him under then swim back to the deep end. I did that all with my eyes open and on one breath. I went through military water training or whatever for beginners while in Europe.

Jake surfaces.

"What the hell!" He shouts.

I just hold onto the wall and laugh. I pull myself out of the pool and go to the iHome we have near the box of pool toys. I plug in my iPod and turn on pandora.

Right as I turn it on Here's to Never Growing Up comes on and it's not the clean version.

I dance around singing then jump in and continue singing.

Jake laughs then asks" You listen too Avril Lavigne?"

"Yep" I say popping the 'p'.

After another hour we get of the pool. Right as we walk in my parents get home.

"Would you and your family like to join us for dinner." My mom asks Jake.

"Sure." he says he gets Liam and they go to his house to get changed.

15 minutes later he and Liam are back.

"Where are your parents?"

"They just left on a business trip. My mom to New York and my stepdad to London." Jake says.

"Ok. Well if you need something just ask. Dinner will be ready in an hour."

"I'm gonna go play video games." I say and run upstairs. I get a text. the race is cancelled. The cops are on alert tonight.

Jake follows me.

"Please tell me that they're not all math games." Jake says.

"No I have all the GTA games, all the Assassin's Creed games, Just Dance, Mario kart, all the Halo games and some games based off of Fast and Furious." I say

"Awesome!" Jake says.

We play until my mom says it’s dinner time.

Drew and Liam watch Finding Nemo while I play Just Dance 2014 with Jake we did every song and we did Die Young, Timber, Rock N Roll, Cotton Eyed Joe, Gangnam Style, and Roar. I sang all of them. Then they had to leave.