Chapter Four

"So, how did everything go with Lucy last night?" Brady asked me the next day in the locker room. "It was alright." I said to him. "Did you guys....?" He started to say. "Oh no, no we just talked." I said as I finished changing into my workout clothes. "Where's Jake?" I asked. "He's in the bathroom." Brady told me.

  "Anyways, I'm gonna get out there." Brady said to me as he walked into the weight room. "Hey, what's up?" Jake asked me as he splashed some cold water onto his face. "Not much." I told him as I fixed my hair. "You okay?" I asked him. "Oh, yeah totally just a nervous stomach about today." Jake said as he wiped his mouth off.

  "What are you so nervous for you're practically the best under class man on our team." I tried to encourage him. "Thanks, I appreciate it but I just really want this to go well today." Jake said as he sipped some water out of his bottle. The one upper class man who I met yesterday was still here.

  "I better get out there before coach gets made." Jake told me. "Yeah, me too." I said as Jake walked out of the door. "Wait a minute." Logan said to me. "What's up?" I asked as he approached me. "Coach is checking our weight's today to see who we can wrestle against." Logan explained to me. I felt my heart start to beat fast and I was starting to feel sick to my stomach.

  "Is that why Jake was throwing up?" I asked him. "I doubt that, it's probably just his nerves the pressure's of this sport get to a lot of people." Logan explained. I nodded my head which made him realize that I understood what he was saying. "You should be fine you really shouldn't have anything to worry about." Logan reassured me. "Okay, I hope you're right I said as I walked out into the weight room.

  ""Nice of you to join us." The coach said to me. "Sorry I'm late." I said to him. "Can you hop on the scale for me please Thomas?" He asked me. I felt my chest tighten up and i was shaking like a leaf waiting for it to settle on a number. " I watched it settle at a number and waited for the coach to speak. "You're good to go." The coach told me.

  "I'm good." I told my friends. "Us too." Brady said. "Who isn't?" They asked. "I don't know." I said to him as I got onto the elliptical machine. This machine that I was on now it was one of my favorite ones it worked my whole body perfectly. The cheerleaders were practicing cheers in the GYM and almost all of the guys were distracted by them.