Chapter Thirteen-

It was Friday and I was sitting in my Algebra class as my stomach was practically eating itself from being so empty. The one thing that I hated the most about this sport, "weigh ins". "Are you still with us Thomas?" The teacher asked me as he called out on me. Which that only caused everyone to stare at me.

"Uh, yes." I said as I could feel my chest growing tighter by the second. "Here, I copied the notes for you." My friend Brady said to me as he handed me a copy of his notes. "Thanks." I said as I accepted the notes from him. Jake just walked in the door and sat down next to us at the group table.

I noticed that his eyes seemed sunken in and his knuckles were all spit opened and cracked too. "Nice of you to join us Mister Jake." The algebra teacher said to him as he pulled up the lesson plan on the Promethean board. "Didn't think you were coming today dude." Brady told Jake. "Neither did I." Jake said as he pulled out his phone.

"I'll make a copy of the notes for you too." Brady told Jake. "Thanks Brady but, Algebra notes are the last thing on my mind." Jake said as he rolled his eyes. Just then the bell rang and it was time for lunch. I was so hungry but I couldn't eat anything until weigh ins were over... I couldn't chance it not now I've already come so far with my progress.

*****

"And the winner is Jake." The announcer said into the microphone. The crowd was cheering and I was happy for him too but feeling nervous about my match which would be after the next one. "Hey you did good out there." I told Jake as he walked into the locker room. "Thanks, you're after this one." Jake reminded me.

I've been pacing back and forth for about the last hour in the locker room. I watched Jake go over to the water fountain as I tried to catch my breath. "You good man?" He asked me. "Just last minute jitters I guess." I said as I gulped when I realized that the match was over. I was starting to feel like I might throw up. "We will have a brief intermission." The announcer said as the lights went dim.

I found the nearest stall and I knelt down by the toilet seat and started to gag as my stomach began to release the vomit out of my mouth. "Want me to tell coach?" Jake asked me. "No, please don't, I have to do that match." I said to Jake as I wiped my mouth off and washed my hands. Then I walked over to the water fountain and started to drink some water.

"Is it because you made yourself do it?" Jake asked me. "I didn't force it, I just felt really sick and now I feel better after I drank that water." I explained as I combed my hair. "Well, get ready dude you go on in five." Jake told me. "I need a mint I think." I said as I walked over to my locker. The locker room was starting to fill up again and that's how I knew it was my turn to go into the ring.

"And the last match of the night." The announcer said as I entered the ring. "Both opponents weighing in at 115 pounds." My opponent seemed like an easy win, he looked kinda weak. I have to admit if I didn't drink some water I probably wouldn't be in the ring right now. The music was starting to play as we began to wrestle each other.

"And Thomas takes a hard hit." The announcer said as I nearly fell to the ground. But I wasn't gonna let him count me out just yet. "Thomas!" "Thomas!" I hear the crowd say as we continue to wrestle. I suddenly realize that I'm not winning this fight. That's when I'm pushed to the ground and my body hit the floor.

In that moment I felt so humiliated by what just went down in that ring. I tried to get up but it was no use I was shoved down again. And I thought this kid was a weakling based off of his appearance. The audience was both booing and cheering. I somehow managed to tap out of his grasp and I slapped him really hard which made him fall to the ground.

I then started to punch him repeatedly which I think actually almost nocked him out. I did my finishing move which always helped me win. Ding, ding, ding! The bell went off. "And the winner is Thomas!" The announcer said into the microphone.