Chapter Nineteen

I was on my late night run and I was gonna be headed home soon. Until I realized that, I saw Jake from afar watching me. "Hey, I think you're good for the night." He told me as I ran past him. "Nah, not yet." I said as he caught up to me.

"Season is just about over now." Jake said. "Yeah, but next school year I'm thinking about trying for cross country I told him. "You'd give up wrestling just like that?" He asked me. "No, of course not." I replied as I finished up my run.

"Aren't you sweating to death in that sweatshirt?" He asked me. "No, I'm cold, I have really bad circulation." I said. "Anyways, Taylor and I finally took things to the next level." Jake told me happily. "Oh, that's big!"' I said to him giving him a high five.

"Do you feel any different now that you've lost your virginity?" I asked curiously. "Surprisingly no." He laughed to me. Suddenly my stomach let out a loud growl, indicating that I've been starving myself. "Are you sure you're eating?" He asked me.

"Yeah, I had a really big dinner." I lied. "If that were true you're stomach wouldn't be growling." Jake said to me. "I'm so sick of everyone acting like I have a problem." I said to Jake. "We wouldn't have to if you didn't act like you did." He said to me.

"Gee thanks man, and correct me if I'm wrong but half the team makes themselves throw up and the other half of the team starves themselves to make weight." I said defensively. "Only when it's necessary." He said to me. "Same here, that's all I do and when wrestling is over for the summer I'll go back to normal." I told him.

"Well, I think we should head home now." Jake said to me. "Yeah, okay." I said as I got up from the bench. My knees were weak and I felt my vision going blurry as I tried to get up. Suddenly I started to fall to the ground. "Oh my God, Thomas you alright?" Jake asked me as he tried to help me up.

"Yeah just got a little bit dizzy, better now through." I tried to play it off. "I'm calling Logan for a ride for you I'll wait with you until he comes, there's no way you can walk home with me tonight." Jake said to me. "That's silly, I'm fine now." I lied, trying to play it off once again.

"No, you need to take a breather until Logan comes, it's for your own good." Jake explained to me as he called Logan on his cell phone. "Hey, Logan it's me Jake we're at the park and Thomas just about passed out right in front of me." Jake said to Logan over the phone." "Uh, huh see ya in a few." Jake said as he hung up the phone.

"He'll be here in about five minutes, just sit there and don't move." He told me. "At this point I was too tired to argue. "Thomas, you're lucky I was here tonight or it could have been so much worse." Jake said as I saw Logan's car pull up in the parking lot.

"Is he okay?" I heard Logan ask Jake. "Honestly I'm not really sure but, thank you for coming." Jake told Logan. "Hey, what were you doing out so late at night running?" Logan questioned me. "I usually come to run every night it helps me clear my head." I explained.

They both shook their heads at me as they helped me get to Logan's car. I knew I was half asleep already and I knew I couldn't go home or my Mom would take me to the hospital or something if she realized what I was doing.

But I couldn't stop it not even if I wanted to stop, I haven't been in this much control since I could remember. "Thanks." I said to them as I tried to shut my eyes again. "Are you guys gonna tell coach about this?" I asked anxiously. "No." They said.

I was realized to hear that they wouldn't tell on me. "Take care of yourself please." Jake said as he walked away from Logan's car. The radio was on soft playing My Way by Fetty Wap. "Okay, it's just me now, tell me what's going on with you." Logan said.