Chapter Twenty Six

I woke up with my heart racing from another dream I had. In this dream it was that I got kicked off of the wrestling team because I have an eating disorder. I keep thinking about that too, it scares me because I know there's no way I can be champion now. I picked up the glass of water on my nightstand and took a sip of water.

  My roommate was outside of our window on the rooftop smoking a cigarette. He got a pack from his older brother when he came to visit him. I meant his brother he's pretty cool. He's in college and he's really into sports. When I told him I was a wrestler he thought that I was cool.

  He comes to visit Chris on the weekends or whenever he can. They get along so well, it almost makes me wish I had a sibling of my own. "Do you have any breath mints?" Chris asked me. "Yeah." I said as I pulled them out of my nightstand. "Thanks, you're a lifesaver." Chris said as he popped a breath mint into his mouth.

  "So Lucy is coming to see you, right?" Chris asked me. "Yeah, she is." I told Chris. "Have you decided what you're going to do about the whole Hilary/Lucy situation?" He asked me. "No I haven't yet." I explained. "I see." He said to me. "We'll, maybe you just need to sleep on it." Chris told me. "Yeah, maybe you're right?" I said.

***** The next afternoon *****

"So, how have you been holding up?" Lucy asked me. "Just hardly waiting to get out of here." I explained. "Your parents told me everything." She explained to me. "I know, and I really wish they hadn't." I explained to her. "Why's that?" She asked me curiously.

"Because I wanted this to be a secret." I explained. "But why?" "I'm your best friend." She asked me. "I know it's just that I'm a guy I'm not supposed to be weak like this." I said. "You don't have to be super man all the time you know." Lucy told me.

"That's what everybody keeps saying to me." I told her. "I wish you would have talked to me about all of this." She said to me. "Don't take it personally I honestly didn't tell anyone about this..... I mean the way I was feeling and everything." I explained as I fidgeted with my fingernails.

"I bet you're wondering how the boy you've known since childhood ended up with an eating disorder right?" I asked her. "No, it's nothing like that at all I'm glad you're okay now." She said to me. "Okay?" I asked. "Who says I'm okay?" I asked her. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that." She said to me.

"No worries, I'm just glad to see you... I've missed you a lot." I told her. "Me too." She said to me. "Tell me what have I been missing all summer?" I asked her. "Well Jake got his drivers license, Logan headed to LA, Brady's parents made him go to Summer Camp." She explained to me.

"I see." I said. "But what have you been up to?" I asked her. "I just got back from Cheer Camp." She told me. "How was that?" I asked her. "It was all right." She replied to me. "You still Cheer captain?" I asked her. "Actually no I'm not." She told me. "How come?" I asked. "I quit after cheer camp." She told me.

"I thought you loved it?" I asked her. "I decided to go back to Drama Club." She explained to me. "I'm glad you did." I told her as we walked around the patio. "Don't mind me asking but how did wrestling do this to you?" She asked me. "It's a long story." I said as we walked around some more.

"I've got time." She told me. "All right then maybe we should sit down for this." I told her nervously. "It's alright, just take your time I've got all day." Lucy told me as she held my hand.

***** Time Jump *****

"Thomas do you want a snack or anything?" Lucy asked me. "Great, just what I needed Lucy babying me now." I thought to myself as I rolled my eyes. "Oh, uh dinner is in about an hour I'm good.... Thanks though." I replied as I continued to draw.