Chapter Ten

It was somehow the end of the week again, and the school day was pretty much over now. I was in Study hall listening to music on my phone while I waited for the bell to ring. When suddenly a note was placed onto my desk. I looked around to see if I could tell who put it there but I couldn't find the person.

  I opened up the note and It read, "Meet me in the courtyard after school, Love Lucy." Suddenly my heart began to race. I began to run a hand through my hair and I unbuttoned two of my collar buttons as the final bell rang. "You got the note?" Jake asked me. "Yeah." I said confused wondering how he knew about it.

"She gave it to me and asked me to give it to you." Jake told me as I made my way through the courtyard looking for Lucy. "Hey, you came!" She said to me. "Of course, what's up?" I asked her. "There's something I need to talk to you about." She said to me. "What is it?" I asked suddenly feeling nervous about what she might be trying to tell me.

"You should sit down." She said to me. "You're freaking me out what's going on here?" I asked. "Okay, I uh heard some rumors about some guys on the wrestling team." Lucy explained to me. "What'd you hear?" I asked. "There's been talk about some of the guys taking pills and doing other crazy things to make their weight for the team." Lucy said to me.

"That's, crazy!" I said definitively. "I just you know, I really care about you so I mean I just hope you're not doing any of those things." She told me. "I wouldn't ever put myself through any of that just for the sake of the sport." I told her, which wasn't totally true.

"Good, because I love you so much and listen even if you were doing things to cut your weight for the team I wouldn't be mad at you." "But I would also be a concerned girlfriend if you were doing those things to yourself." She told me. "No, no I totally understand what your saying and you have absolutely nothing to worry about with me I'm not like that I promise you." I said to Lucy as I wrapped my arm around her shoulder.

"So, can I walk you home?" I asked. "I'd like that." Lucy said as we walked out of the courtyard together hand in hand. "I heard you're going to be a flyer now." I said to her. "Yeah, to be honest I'm really surprised that they picked me because usually it's one of the older girls." She said to me. "Well I'm proud of you. You deserve it." I said as I tucked her hair behind her ears.

"Thank You." She said to me. "Tell me though, are you free tomorrow night my parents are out of town with my little sister." She was rambling on to me nervously. "Oh uh, woah that's news." I started to say to her. "What's that supposed to mean?"' She asked me nervously. "There's something that I'd like to talk to you about, I just don't want you to take it the wrong way." I told her.

  "That night I was drunk at the party, I swore that I never wanted to feel that way ever again." I started to say. "You've told me this many times Thomas." Lucy said to me as we got closer to her house. "I guess what I'm trying to say is that there's a party tomorrow night at the revenue, it's a team thing so I kinda have to go." I explained to her as I saw the hurt look on her face.

  "Oh, uh I totally understand." She said to me, I could feel the pain in her voice. Which I then in that moment felt like it was my responsibility to choose my girlfriend over the wrestling team. But for some reason I really didn't want to choose her over the wrestling team party. "I should go now, thanks for walking me home." Lucy told me as she tried to walk up to her driveway.

  "Lucy wait." I said to her. "Thomas?" She asked. "I was going to see if you wanted to hangout with me tonight." I explained to her. "Okay, yeah I'd like that." She replied rather quickly to me as she practically jumped up into my arms as I caught her. "Babygirl, are you hungry?" I asked Lucy. "Starving." She replied to me. "Me too, suddenly. I agreed as we walked inside of her house.

  "So..." She said as she smiled at me. "What kind of food should we eat?" I asked her. "I've been on a diet for like a month and a half." Lucy said to me. "For cheerleading?" I asked her. "Well I mean partly yes but also no." She explained to me as she set her purse down on the coat rack.

"What's that mean?" I asked her as I grabbed a water from the fridge. "Never mind let's forget that I even brought that up." She said to me hoping I'd forget about it. "No, no we're not gonna do that!" "remember you came to me worried sick before about me being on the wrestling team?" I asked her.

  "Okay, I guess it's only fair then." She agreed. "You know you can talk to me, we've known each other for like ever." I said to her as I brushed her hair out of her face. "It's hard for me to explain, it's complicated." She told me as she took a sip of my water.

  "Lucy the whole time we've known each other you've always been complicated, but that's what I always liked about you..... you keep things interesting it's for sure never been boring knowing you." I explained to her. "Well I guess I can't argue with you there." She laughed. "It's kind of stupid but I'm trying to become more fit if you know what I mean." She explained to me.

  "I get that 100% that's what I'm doing too." I told her. "So you're like on a diet too?" She asked me. "Can you keep a secret?" I asked her. "Pinky swear." She said as we linked up our pinky's together.