Chapter Seven

It was lunchtime at school the next day and I was sitting at my usual table with Jake. "So you and Lucy seem to be pretty inseparable." Jake said to me as he opened up his carton of milk. "I mean yeah she's my girlfriend." I said as my face turned red from embarrassment.

  "Well, aren't you getting anything to eat?" I asked Jake changing the subject off of myself. "I had a really big breakfast." Jake told me as he drank from his milk carton again. "Have you talked to any of the other guys on the team?" Brady asked me. "Only this one guy." I said as I picked at my lunch.

  "I've talked to a few of them, they're really not that bad." Jake told us. "Yeah, it's cool I guess." Brady said as he at his burger. I felt so bloated from this sandwich that I was eating. I barley even ate half of it and I already felt so full. I somehow wondered if it was the ADHD medication making me feel like this.

  I drank some of my water to try to make myself feel better but it didn't seem to help. "Listen guys, I better get going I have a doctor appointment my Mom is picking me up." I explained to them as I headed towards the office. Then I saw Lucy out of the corner of my eye. "Heyyy." She said to me quietly.

  "Got any plans after practice?" She asked me. "Actually, I'm really not sure yet but I will be sure to let you know." I told her as I headed towards my locker to grab my backpack. I was so nervous about the doctors that my heart was pounding and I felt like my chest was tightening up almost like I couldn't take a deep breath.

  ********

  The car ride over to the doctors office was awkward I didn't know what to expect really. I filled out paperwork and waited until they called my name. I know I lost a few pounds since I'd been training for wrestling. I mean nobody really brought that up to me but I was still extremely nervous waiting which seemed like forever.

  "Thomas." I heard a nurse say. "Go ahead son." My Mom told me as I headed back to the exam room. "Okay, take your shoes off for me and hop on the scale please." The nurse told me. I felt my heart pounding I almost felt scared to see the number.

  I heard that scales at doctors offices make you weigh five times more than you're actual weight. That was just talk that I've heard in the locker room. I saw the number and I get like I was going to throw up.

  Damn it I knew I should have fasted before this weigh in , I thought to myself. I mean it was a normal weight for guys my age but I wanted to be what I needed to be. Maybe I should just talk to Logan again after practice, I figured he would know what to do.

  After I got off of the scale the nurse had me sit down to check my blood pressure. Which to my surprise was surprisingly low considering how nervous I was right now. Then she began to ask me all sorts of awkward questions. "All right then, just put on this gown and the doctor should be in shortly she told me.

  *******
  "So good job with your practice match tonight." Logan told me as I got out of the shower. "Thanks." I told Logan as I put on my clean clothes. "I'll see ya later." My friends told me. "Yeah, see ya later." I told them. "I kinda need some advice again." I told Logan. "You need more water pills already?" He asked me as he ate some Doritos. "No, it's not that." I explained.

"Well what is it then?" Logan asked me confused. "How do I get lean fast?" I asked him. "Just keep lifting and eating protein." Logan told me as he drank some water. "I mean I've lost a few pounds." I told Logan as I gazed at myself in the mirror. "Just keep it up and you should be fine." Logan told me as he walked over to the bathroom side of the locker room.

It wasn't long before I heard the sound of him gagging and the water running to try to hide the sound of him purging. It made my skin crawl just thinking about that. I hated throwing up I just couldn't stand it when I was sick let alone forcing it, I could never.