Chapter Six

"Lucy, can I come in?" I asked her from her front porch step. "Oh uh, yeah I mean of course you can." She said to me. "Who's this?" Her sister asked her curiously. "This is Thomas, my boyfriend," Lucy told her sister. "You know Mom and Dad don't want you having boys around when they're not home." Her sister said to her.

  "I know and you aren't gonna tell them," Lucy said to her younger sister sternly. "Fine, I won't tell." Her little sister said to her. "Are you hungry or anything?" She asked me. "Oh uh, no thanks I'm good," I told Lucy nervously as I politely declined. "Well me neither," Lucy said to me as she paced back and forth. "So you're parents aren't home?" I asked her.

  "Yeah, no They went shopping I have to watch my little sister Emma," Lucy explained to me. I nodded my head. "Would you like to go somewhere private?" I said nervously as we walked down the hallway. "Yeah, I'd like that." "Thank you for coming over by the way." She said to me sweetly.

  "Oh, it's no problem at all I don't have practice today," I told her. "Well, I had cheer practice earlier today." She explained to me. "And how was that?" I asked her. "It was good, I learned some new things." She told me. "Cool, sounds nice." I told her." "You must be training pretty hard for wrestling?" She asked me. "I am, it's kinda nice to have a day off though," I explained to her.

  "Speaking of that, I've been meaning to ask you something," Lucy said to me. "Okay, what is it you know you can talk to me," I said to her as I sat down next to her on her bed. She shut her door and began to pace back and forth. I waited for her to stop pacing and come talk to me. "Why do you like me?" She asked me.

  "Are you asking me that?" I said confused. "Yeah, I mean why do you?" Lucy asked me again. "I like you because you're not like everyone else you're a great friend and honestly so beautiful, honestly I've been in love with you for years I've just never told you," I explained to her.

  "Why haven't you ever told me this?" Lucy asked me. "Well, because I didn't want to ruin our friendship I was afraid of losing you honestly," I explained to her. "Well that makes sense I guess, I kind of understand why you feel that way." She told me. "Well, that's a relief, I'm glad you understand now," I explained to her.

  "Thomas I've had a crush on you for over two years." She told me. "You have?" I asked her. "Yeah, I was scared too but if I knew other than just now I probably would have told you." She laughed. "So what now?" I asked her. "I dunno." She laughed nervously. "Oh shit, I better go check on my sister," Lucy said to me.

  "Go ahead," I told her. My phone started to ring and I lost caller ID to see that it was Jake. "Hi, Jake," I said as I answered the phone. "I was wondering if you wanted to hang out." He said to me. "Sorry, I can't I'm with Lucy," I told Jake. "That's cool, I'll just go for a run then," Jake told me as he hung up the phone. After I got off the phone Lucy came back into her bedroom where I was.

  "Everything is good I gave her a snack so she's happy," Lucy explained to me. "Well, it's getting late maybe I should head home," I said to her. "I wish you could stay but unfortunately my parents will be home soon." She told me. "Oh, uh right, well see you tomorrow?" I said to Lucy awkwardly. "Yeah, good night Thomas." She said as I hugged her.

  ***********

  It took me ten minutes to walk back to my house, I didn't mind it it was a nice walk. I was surprised to see that my parents were both home tonight. I walked in the door and saw them sitting down at the table eating dinner. "Nice of you to join us." My father said to me. "I've just been busy with school and wrestling," I said as I grabbed a plate and put some steak on it with a baked potato.

  "How is that going?" My father asked curiously. "Great so far, I'm having so much fun," I told him. "You know I worry about you." My mother said to me. "Why?" I asked. "Well because it's a very dangerous sport." My Mom told me. I rolled my eyes as I ate some of my steak. "Well, I made you a doctor's appointment." My Mom said to me. "Why?" I asked nervously.

  "Just a physical for school and wrestling, also your ADHD." She explained to me. "You'll be leaving school early for it." My Father told me. "Oh well, as long as I'm back in time for practice," I said as I drank some water. "You will be, don't worry." They said to me. I nodded my head and wanted to argue but I felt like that wouldn't do me any good.

  "Anyways your birthday is coming up." My Mom said. "Yeah, I know," I said trying to blow it off. "Okay, then I guess you don't want a party." My dad said to me. "I do," I said changing my tune as I finished up my meal. "Well think about what kind of a party you'd like and where you want it." My mother told me as I got up to put my plate in the sink.

  "Aren't you gonna eat any more food?" My mom asked me. "Oh God no I'm so full." I lied to my Mom. "Well, I better get going to work." My father said to us. "Well, I have a lot of homework to do I told my parents as I headed up to my bedroom. That wasn't entirely true I just didn't feel like answering any more of their questions tonight.

  I finally made it to my bedroom and I closed my door behind myself so I could have some privacy. I took my shirt off and gazed at myself in the mirror. I felt so gross and I wasn't sure why. I mean I'm a guy I shouldn't feel like this right? But wrong, I was so wrong about this, I decided to call Jake and take him up on his offer to go for a run.

  I couldn't even look at myself right now I felt so bloated. I quickly put on a baggy shirt and, I decided to call him up and sneak out for a while. Also, I needed to get out of my house for a while. I climbed out of my bathroom window and climbed down the tree hoping that I wouldn't get caught by my Mom.

  ****************

  I was gone running for an hour and I felt so much better. I was able to climb back up the tree and sneak back up to my bathroom window. Then I quickly took my running clothes off and hopped into the shower to wash the sweat off of my sweaty body.

  Then I began to think about Lucy, it seemed she was always on my mind no matter what I did throughout the day or night. I kinda had a feeling that she was thinking of me too. Deep down inside I knew she was and I hoped she was sleeping well, considering that it was extremely late at night.

  After I got out of the shower I put on a clean pair of boxers and a pair of pajamas to wear. Then I plugged in my phone got into my bed and tried to fall asleep. But it almost seemed impossible because I couldn't stop thinking about my girlfriend and about what she was doing right now.

  I wanted her by my side but hey, I guess I'll just have to deal with not having her next to me. Then I remembered that I had a doctor's appointment tomorrow which made my heart race. I hated the doctors I wished that there was a way I could get out of it but there wasn't.