Chapter Two

"All right team good practice today, we'll meet again on Monday." The wrestling coach said to everyone. I was kind of relived that the school day was over now. I couldn't wait to go home and take a shower I felt really sweaty and gross.

Jake and Brady were walking into the locker room with me and we saw all of the upperclassmen checking their weights on the body scales. Us underclassman usually just ignored them and they normally ignored us unless we had to be in the weight room together.

I went to my locker and got my change of clothes and quickly changed into my jeans and hoodie. The upperclassmen were taking photos together to post on their instagrams. "Are you guys ready to go I asked?" My two friends. "Yeah, let's go." They said to me.

"So, what are we doing tonight?" I asked my friends. "I heard there's a party tonight at Taylor's house." Jake said to me. "The girl you've been crushing on since seventh grade." Brady exclaimed. "Dude shut up." Jake said as his face turned beet red. "Look anyways, that does sound like it would be fun." I said to my two friends.

"The whole grade is gonna be there." Jake said to us. "So it's settled then we are gonna go to this party." Brady said to the two of us. "Hey, Jake are you guys coming to my party tonight?" Taylor asked Jake. "Of course!" He said to Taylor. "Great, see ya at seven." She said to him. He nodded his head as she walked away.

"Hey, mom." I said as we got into the car. "So, you boys must glad that the school week is over." My mom said to us. "You have absolutely no idea." We all said at the same time. "I have to work tonight so, I ordered a pizza for you guys." My mother told us. "Can they sleep over?" I asked her. "Yeah, of course they can if it's all right with their parents." She said.

"Oh, we already asked, they said it was okay." Jake and Brady explained to my Mom. "Okay, Thomas I will see you guys tomorrow." She said. "All right guys we have exactly four hours to get ourselves ready for this party." Jake said to us. "First let's eat." Brady said. "I'm too nervous you guys eat, I can't stomach anything right now." Jake said to us as he paced back and forth.

"My arms are killing me." Brady said. "Same here man, I can't even see any results yet." I told Brady. "How are we supposed to get girls?" I asked Brady as I grabbed a slice of pizza. "As long as we keep hitting the weights and working out we should be fine." Brady said to me.

  "Jake are you sure you really don't want anything?" I asked him. "Okay, maybe just a slice." He said giving in. "So you and Taylor have been friends for like ever man and you like her." Brady said to Jake. "Yeah so what?" Jake said embarrassed. "Look, all we're saying is that you should make your move before someone else does." I said to Jake.

  "Okay, okay fine I will." Jake agreed as he grabbed a bottle of water from my fridge. "Ugh, I can't eat any more I'm so full." I said to Brady as I finished my third slice. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom I need to try to get myself ready for the party." Jake said almost seeming anxious. He set his slice of pizza back in the box obviously he was too anxious to eat. That was really unlike him to be so nervous, I'm usually the one with the anxiety not him.

  "Do you think we should go check on him, make sure he's okay?" I asked Brady. "Nah, he's fine he's just nervous about seeing Taylor tonight." Brady said to me. "Do you think Lucy's gonna be there tonight?" I asked Brady. "Probably, Isn't Taylor her best friend?" Brady asked me. "Yeah." I said to him. "Well, maybe I should try to make myself look a little bit more presentable." I said as I headed upstairs.

I have a bathroom with a shower in my room so I didn't have to worry about not having enough time to get ready for the party. I began to look through my closet, I wanted to look perfect for tonight. Suddenly my phone rang. I looked at my caller ID and it was Lucy. I instantly got butterflies in my stomach as I answered my phone.