Chapter Twenty

"Today we'll be discussing the book reports." The English teach said as she sat down at her desk. It was an hour before lunch and Thomas wanted to take the hour to sleep. He already had it done because he paid one of the smart kids to do it for him.

"Wake up Thomas." The English teacher said to him as she snapped her fingers. "Right." "I'm sorry." He said to his teacher as he groggily picked his head up. "You good man?" Jake asked me. "I'm fine." I lied as my eyes shut on me again.

**** Time Jump ****

I was on my second cup of espresso desperately trying to stay awake. I could feel my stomach digesting itself but at this point I was getting used to it again. I hadn't eaten anything in a few days not since the ice cream fiasco. I ended up eating the entire carton of cookie dough ice cream and I threw it all up. I get so guilty about it that I snuck out to the store in the middle of the night to replace it.

Somehow I managed to take out the same amount that was missing before which wasn't much. After that I hated myself so much I didn't want to eat again because I knew if I did I'd be making myself sick. It hasn't been too hard at home at meal times because my parents haven't been home much at all.

My coach also doesn't really suspect a thing because I've been using the ankle weights for the weigh ins. My friends stoped paying so much attention to me because they had their own problems going on too with wrestling and school.

In a week I have my big match against Riverside High's soon to be captain. Which makes sense because I'm the soon to be captain for our school. If I can keep it up, I'll be captain for the next three years. I also hadn't realized how late it was and I decided to walk home from the Coffee shop that I was at.

If it were any other night I would have been stocking up on my binge foods but, not tonight because I wanted to be ready for my big match tomorrow. If that meant starving myself to get there, then I would do whatever it takes.

"Thomas, nice to see you." My cousin Gary said to me as I was leaving the Coffee shop. "Didn't know you worked here." I said to him. "Yeah, just started but uh, I wanted to tell you that I'm sorry to hear about your parents divorce." Gary explained to me. "No biggie, I'm dealing." I said trying to sound cool.

"Well, I'd better get going now." He said to me. "Right, wouldn't wanna get you into trouble." I said as I continued to walk home. "Take care." Gary told me as he headed inside to wipe off some more tables. As I was walking I had this unbearable feeling of hunger. I stoped into the drug store to grab some more supplements and appetite suppressants.

I was shocked to see they got some new stuff, also I wanted to get more of the detox tea that I liked. "Find everything okay?" A woman asked me. "Yes, thank you." I said as I walked up to the register to pay for my things. "That'll be $10.50." The man told me. "That a twenty." He said as he counted up my change due.

"Have a great night." The man told me. "Thank you so much sir, you as well." I told the man as I started my walk home. I pulled out my phone and hooked up my earbuds to it. I was listening to one of my favorite bands. There was a concert coming up too, it was close to where I lived.

However I had something else on my mind these past couple of days. Lucy. I haven't spoken to her much, we've both been sort of busy with things. As soon as I got home I was going to take a nice long shower and then go to sleep.

**** The Next Day ****

"I just don't understand how you're runner up for captain." Jake said to me. "Whatever." I said to him as I walked away from him. "No, not whatever I mean I'm jacked and your so lean and scrawny." Jake said to me as he changed into his wrestling clothes.