Chapter Eight

It was lunchtime at school on a Monday afternoon and I was sitting at my usual table with my friends. I was eating a salad with Chicken in it and drinking a green tea. I was waiting for my friends to come back from the food court so we could talk about wrestling and stuff like that.

"Hey." Lucy said to me. "I thought I'd stop by before your buddies get here." She told me. "How is it going?" I asked her as I set my chicken salad aside. "Good, I've got cheer practice tonight." She told me. "And I've got wrestling." I told her. "Maybe I'll see you then." She said to me. "Yeah, see ya later maybe." I said as she walked over to the cheerleading table.

Just then Jake and Brady sat down at the table. "I noticed Jake's tray was filled with slices of pizza and greasy chicken wing's covered in wing sauce. "Salad." They said with a laugh. Suddenly I felt embarrassed by my choice. "Well I guess you don't care about cutting weight." I joked to Jake.

"Nonsense." He said as he opened up a pack of laxatives. I was going to say something but then I figured I probably shouldn't because I have water pills. "Look, I know what I'm doing." Jake said as he swallowed a pill and placed the rest of them back into his pocket. "So anyways, I head you got laid at Logan's party." Brady said to me.

"That's crazy." Who told you that?" I asked Brady. "Oh uh, nobody." He said quietly. "Jake!" I said suddenly pissed off at him. "Woah, relax it was just a joke." Jake said with a grin. "Okay, whatever." I said as I ate my chicken salad. Brady was drinking a milkshake and eating a cheeseburger.

I was finishing up my salad and I started to drink my green tea. I was wondering how they could eat like that and not gain any weight, something inside me was so mad right now. I wished I could be like them eating all of that and not gaining any weight. Then it suddenly hit me and I realized what they were doing.

Then Logan's words came into my head and they started to repeat over and over again. But I can't do that it would be wrong so wrong. I got up and put my salad container into the garbage can. I saw Logan get up too and he walked right past me and hurried off into the bathroom. Brady and I went back to the table and sat down.

"Weigh ins are tomorrow." Brady told me. "I know, I can't wait for it to be done with." I told him. "Is Jake okay?" I asked him. "What do you mean?" Brady asked me sort of confused. "Well, he just ate a lot of food, took laxatives and now he's gone." I whispered to Brady. "You mean you don't know?" Brady asked me.

"No, I do know I just haven't done it so I don't get how it works really." I explained to Brady. "Okay, I see then." Brady said to me. "Follow me then." Brady said as he lead me into the locker room. "What are we doing here?" I asked confused. "You'll see." He told me as he opened a stall and crouched down beneath the toilet.

"You take two fingers and you stick them down your throat until you gag a couple of times, then you'll start to empty your stomach contents of everything that you ate and you'll be empty again and so much lighter." Brady explained to me.

"You do it too?" I asked him "Only if I really need to, not constantly." He told me as he proceeded to make himself throw up. "What's going on in here?" Logan asked me. "Brady was showing me how to make myself throw up." I explained.

"So, did you do it?" Logan asked me. I shook my head at him. "But I don't need to all I ate today was chicken salad." I explained. "Okay, well how are you doing with those water pills?" He asked me. "Almost out." I said. He nodded his head. "I actually wanted to ask you if you know where I could get some laxatives." I asked him.

"You can get them anywhere basically." He told me. "Okay."' I said. "You good man?" Logan asked Brady. "All good." Brady said as he was rinsing out his mouth with water. Then Brady hoped on the scale and it read 115. "I'm saved!" Brady said as he jumped up and down.