Chapter 3 Act II

"Seriously?! Are you even doing your job right?? Let me remind you that I'm the one who is paying you here!"

Just another regular day at the agency. How did you get into this situation in the first place? This woman has been coming in and out of the agency for a week now, trying to gain information about her husband who is said to be having a secret affair. It has been exactly seven days since she came over, nagging you and your seniors to give her the evidence, but there were hardly any suspicious activities that would even prove the man to be guilty of such act.

"Ma'am please listen, for the past week, we did our best to get something out of him but everything up to this point was hardly leading him to be guilty. I think this matter should be settled if you two would talk personally and have a heart-to-heart conversation—"

"Oh what do you even know?! You're just nothing but a young brat who is self-proclaiming to be a detective! So be it, I'll take this matter into my own hands, such useless lot" And with that, the woman stormed off with the door slammed behind her. You sighed at the fiasco that had just occurred as you sat back down on your chair.

"Do you guys think that the woman is telling the truth?" You turned your head to look at them.

"Hmph, I'd care less. We tried to help her and this is the thanks we get?" You heard Sango's irritated response as she sat on her seat while crossing her arms.

***

"And then she stormed out on us" You sighed as you leaned against the railings of the bridge.

Heizou was leaning his back against the railings right beside you as he was listening to your story. "Hm, I see.."

"She's really trying too hard to find evidence against her husband, even though there are really no signs of suspicious activity" You rested your cheek on your palm as you took a bite of the dango from your other hand.

"There's a fine line between misunderstanding the situation and falsely accusing someone.. But based on how you described her, perhaps she's a bit too insistent that her suspicion is correct. There might be more to this story" He placed his hand over his chin.

You then just sighed again and took another bite. "I don't think there's any point on continuing this investigation"

"But I think otherwise~" He lifts a finger up. "Because the very same woman you described just came to the police station earlier and wanted us to investigate a suspicious person. She didn't specifically describe who the person is but now that I hear the same story coming from you, I'm starting to see the pieces falling into place"

"Eh? She went to the Tenryou Commission?"

"Oh definitely, she was fuming and even called the attention of several officers to hear her story out. At first, I wasn't really interested in those kind of affairs but now that I have more information at hand, I guess I'm slightly intrigued to see how things will play out from here" He then leaned over to take a bite of your last dango.

"Wh-" You pouted as you watched him eat your food.

"Anyways, are you free today? If you don't mind, we could form another collaboration in this case"

"Eh? W-well... Not that I have anything planned today..."

"Great!" He clasped his hands together. "Let's meet up later at Uyuu Restaurant around... Perhaps later at sundown?"

"Why at sundown?"

"I have a couple of things to prepare, oh and you don't have to bring anything. Just your presence will suffice~" He winked then he suddenly went off before you could say anything.