Chapter 5 Act V

A couple of weeks later, you finally regained most of your strength back. You took some medicine to ease up the pain in your body as you were doing your daily exercise. It's no longer difficult to move on your own but there are times when your body suddenly freezes or fall over so you have to hold on firmly to anything sturdy around you. It seems that the poison in your body is still a bit active and the medications you've been taking aren't that much helpful aside from functioning as your regular pain relievers.

After your daily exercise, you walked back to your room as you wiped off the sweat from your forehead using the face towel that was draped around your neck. You soon noticed a note lying on your bed so you went to pick it up and read it.

"I went out to the police station since something came up. I'll be sure to come back soon since Shinobu won't be able to come by and take my place. Don't move around too much and don't spend a lot of time reading."

You lightly chuckled at the note, you thought that Heizou sounded like an overprotective parent in this note. You set the note aside and went to change your clothes since you've been sweating a lot from the exercise routine. After changing, you went to grab a few papers and a pen then you started writing on the table.

Heizou's POV

Something urgent came up so I hurried back to the Police station. Upon my arrival, I noticed that Madam Kujou was waiting by the entrance so I approached her.

"Madam Kujou"

"Glad you could make it, Shikanoin. We have received reports of Fatui soldiers that were caught at Byakko Plain, and just like the last group you caught, they also stashed the same chemicals and potions with them. Although, they really have a tight lip, they refused to give information regarding those chemicals so I was hoping if you could interrogate them and gather as much information as you can"

I nodded at her before I entered the station to interrogate the newly-apprehended soldiers.

The interrogation went on for hours as I tried to question them one-by-one. They refused to give in the information regarding the chemicals but they managed to answer other questions, so I tried a different method in order to get the answer I needed.

"I'm sure you're aware of who this person is" I placed a photo down and slide it across the table, towards the Fatui soldier. The soldier took the moment to glance down at it, he seemed to pondering on what to answer as I just waited patiently. After a moment of silence, the soldier then nodded his head.

"Are there any other people that you and your fellow soldiers have been targeting?" The soldier then shook his head as a response.

"So out of all people that you Fatui soldiers had to target, it had to be a certain individual, who is a foreigner, and can only be found here in Inazuma? It seems that there's more to this than just a regular kidnapping. Mind filling me in on the details, hm?"

The soldier went silent and decided not to answer. I rested my head on my palm as my other hand was laid on the table, my fingers lightly tapping against the wood as I could feel my patience being tested. I can't afford to stay for another few hours since y/n is currently by herself at the hospital. I sighed then stood up.

"Alright, since we are getting nowhere with this interrogation.." I fiddled the tip of my bangs while trying to lay out all the pieces of information I've gathered so far. "y/n being a sole target for the Fatui.. a new kind of chemical found among the Fatui's belongings.. Since y/n is capable of fighting in order to defend herself, you and your fellow soldiers resorted to use the chemicals to poison and immobilize her.." I gave the soldier a cold stare. "It seems that your employer knows y/n very well and must be very well-versed in chemistry. Are they perhaps one of your superiors? The Fatui Harbingers, was it?"